August 28, 2014

Kyle XY will return for a 3rd season

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Oct 8th 2007 12:02PM
Kyle XYMore secrets and lies! More Madacorp! More mysteries! More Foss! Sorry, I guess the news that Kyle XY will return for a third season got to me. Those who read my Kyle XY reviews over the summer know that I'm a Foss fan, so I sure hope they find a way to have him stick around as long as possible.

Various sources confirm that even if the last ten episodes of Season 2 have yet to air, ABC Family is satisfied enough with how Kyle XY performed over the summer (and probably with how the second part of the current season looks) that they decided to renew the series.

TV Guide reveals that only 10 episodes have been ordered for the third season so far. That doesn't mean the network won't order 13 more down the road like they did for the second season. In any case, 10 episodes are better than nothing, eh?

The remainder of Kyle XY's second season will air this spring but no return date has been confirmed by the network yet. ABC Family has not revealed either when the third season episodes would air.

[via Cynopsis]

Oreo

Only 10 episodes... weird. Luckily the creators can do a lot with 10 episodes and ABC Family will most likely pick up another 10 later. I think ABC Family tries for 20 episodes seasons broken in half, and I think that's what they will do next year.

October 08 2007 at 3:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
The Midnight Penguin

With such a long probable break in between they might as well leave each "season" at the 10 or 13 ep arcs they keep ordering. Keep it as a summer show as well. With the way they ended this summer, I figured it was the end of the season anyways, with next summer being the next season. Either way I'm still watching. =)

October 08 2007 at 2:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Isabelle Carreau

Kyle XY was always an ABC Family show that had a few of its episodes (not entire seasons) air a few weeks on ABC.

October 08 2007 at 2:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Season 1 episodes aired on Monday nights on ABC Family, with the episode repeated Friday night on ABC. (Friday night, summertime -- a wasteland if there ever was one on network TV.)

October 08 2007 at 1:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kevjohn

I was kind of surprised they made it through the first season. I know I couldn't.

Then I figured out that I wasn't the target audience for this show when they moved it to ABC Family.

October 08 2007 at 1:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply