October 1, 2014

South Park: More Crap

by Brad Trechak, posted Oct 10th 2007 11:57PM

south park

(S11E09) "One Katie Couric is approximately 2.6 pounds of excrement."*

*(Might not be the EXACT quote. Don't go Katie Couric on me.)

Randy Marsh takes a crap. A big one. The biggest one in history. It's so big that the European Fecal Standards and Measurements Board has to be called in.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone decide to direct their ire and take down Bono a peg or six. How funny was it that Bono actually was born a piece of crap? Notice how when he was in Africa he wasn't actually doing anything? He was just walking around with that music in the background pointing at poor people.

I've seen the entire rooting-for-the-underdog theme on the show before, most recently with the 10th Season episode "Stanley's Cup". However the creators always seem to have a way of making the theme seem fresh and steaming.

I've eaten P.F. Chang's before and I never had it back me up like that. I loved the analogy of the gestation of a baby with Randy forming a gigantic piece of shit in his colon. The laugh-out-loud moment for me was the last scene where Randy took the biggest...crap...EVER! It was so big he actually rose in the air. Yeah, it's low taste but it's South Park low taste, which means it's funny.

It's such guy humor and Trey and Matt know it. This is noted in the episode with the disgust of Randy's wife Sharon. This is why the humor of Judd Apatow has such crossover appeal. He combines a typical female romantic plot with guy toilet humor.

The episode had many great quotes. "Hothothothothot". "Turd trimester". "Does Bono want the biddy?" "Bono didn't make the crap. He IS the crap."

They're still on a roll. Possibly a toilet paper roll. Can't wait until next week.

What is your favorite quote of the episode?
"Hothothothothot"476 (18.9%)
"One Katie Couric is 2.6 pounds of excrement."420 (16.6%)
Bono didn't make the crap. He IS the crap."427 (16.9%)
"Turd trimester."470 (18.6%)
"Bono want the biddy?"557 (22.1%)
Another line entirely173 (6.9%)

Tenebre81

For anyone that had a complaint about this episode re-hashing old south park jokes and beating the dead horse... What the hell is wrong with you? Stop watching south park right now, cuz they don't make the show for stuck-ups that think every episode "owes them something". The purpose of south park (aside from making us laugh) is to trash all the CRAP (pun intended) in the world that most people are too afraid to. The episode was brilliant, the show was brilliant, and I hope your distaste for this kind of episode constipates the hell out of you.

November 18 2007 at 3:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Emma

Guys, don't hate me, I was a bit disappointed with this episode, and the one that preceded it :( But Randy Marsh is still epic, the way he says "Oh My God" always brings tears to my eyes, remember "We didn't listen" :D Oh the mirth! To be fair, maybe I missed the social commentary in 'More Crap', it has happened before that someone of superior intellect has had to point M&tTs angle out to me. Hopefully this is the case. So, in conclusion, a poopy 6 out of 10 (sorry!)

November 13 2007 at 1:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
steve

Dear Trey and Matt,

I don't know if you read these posts, but I have something really really important to say. Today I felt an epic crap coming on. So i massed myself on my scale before the shit of fury. After the shit of fury I massed myself. The difference was 25 lbs. According to the unit conversion from pounds to courics I have shit a 10 couric shit. THATS RIGHT BONO IN YOUR DRUNK IRISH FACE I TOOK A BIGGER SHIT THAN YOU! NOW YOU ARENT NUMBER TWO YOU ARE NUMBER THREE THATS LIKE A WEST CHESTER STYLE SHIT PISS HAHAH!

October 30 2007 at 11:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chazz

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH I LOVE COURICS YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

October 18 2007 at 1:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mel

Another "shit" episode this season.

October 14 2007 at 6:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
excre

hothothothothothothot

October 12 2007 at 11:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rockxwl

Randy: This [crap] was the only thing I ever made that was any good.
Stan: Gee, thanks a lot dad

October 12 2007 at 8:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave

I rolled on the floor for nearly a minute after the show ended. Having them shove the Emmy into Randy's turd tower was the best scene of the episode.

BTW: Wouldn't a person need some sort of treatment if their sphincter was stretched like that? At least having to wear Depends for a few days?

October 12 2007 at 8:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steve

I thought it wasnt one of the best, but funny enough. Also, I think Randy is a very underrated character. He is hilarious-the way he guards his shit while Stan gets Jimbo is priceless. I dont really know why people who watch it slate it...dont watch it! Everyone knows its not for everyone.

October 11 2007 at 8:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply