November 28, 2014

The Pitts revived as a cartoon

by Paul Goebel, posted Oct 10th 2007 12:02PM

Dylan BakerDo you remember the Fox sitcom The Pitts? Of course not and why should you? The show premiered in 2003 and aired for only a couple of weeks before joining Drexell's Class, Costello and Freakylinks in that great big network in the sky.

The series, which starred Dylan Baker (Curt Conners from the Spider Man films) was about a family who had a continual run of bad luck. The series was as funny as the premise, which is exactly why it was cancelled.

Well, four years later, Fox has decided to revive the series in animated form. According to creators Mike Scully and Julie Thacker-Scully they have always wanted to revive the show. "It will be a new show to America, because so few people saw it outside of our immediate family," Scully said. "It's a show we've always been very fond of."

The Scullys also added that the show was easy to transform into a cartoon since it was so close to one already. Scully described the series as a Halloween episode of The Simpsons but every week. Clearly he forgot to add the words, "without the comedy."

No word has been said on voice casting but it's a sure bet that the original cast won't return to their roles since Dylan Baker has better things to do and Kellie Waymire (who played Liz Pitt) died shortly after the show was cancelled at the young age of 36. Personally, if given the choice between starring on a show like The Pitts and dying young, I would choose the latter.

Connie Dinkle

They ought to do "Small Wonder" again. Now THAT'S a show.

Never have laughed as hard at a comedy since that one.

October 11 2007 at 6:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mel

*shyly raises hand* Um.... I remember this show. I watched, and yes, enjoyed it. But I was about twelve, and it was before Arrested Development came on and raised my personal bar for television comedies.

I may check it out, just for curosity's sake.

October 10 2007 at 7:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Curt

Wow. What a disrespectful way to end your "article."

Here's hoping you get your wish, jackass.

October 10 2007 at 5:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ladi

The Dead don't care if you make fun of them. They are dead.

I am so glad you mentioned Freakylinks. No one I know remembers this show and I was beginning to think I had dreamed the whole thing up.

October 10 2007 at 3:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dtrain

did you mean "former" if so, you're an ass for making fun of a dead person. if not, you're an idiot because it makes no sense.

October 10 2007 at 3:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

I was a feature reporter at a Fox station when "The Pitts" debuted. I remember interviewing both Dylan Baker and Kellie Waymire by satellite. When I asked "Why are you two respected actors doing this wacky sitcom?" Simultaniously, they replied "Mortgages."

October 10 2007 at 2:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave

What a dumb, dumb, dumb last line.

October 10 2007 at 12:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply