October 1, 2014

Third Watch coming to DVD in February

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 10th 2007 9:24AM

Third WatchIn my latest New TV on DVD post the other night, some readers were wondering when the NBC show Third Watch was going to be released on DVD. Well, the home entertainment gods (or the folks at Warner Brothers) must have heard your prayers, because the first season set is coming on February 5!

The set will be six DVDs total, and wil include all 22 episodes from the first season, features, unaired scenes, and a gag reel.

For those of you who don't remember, Third Watch was from ER producer John Wells and centered on the adventures of several police officers, paramedics, and firemen in New York City. It starred Kim Raver (The Nine), Michael Beach, Eddie Cibrian, Coby Bell, and Molly Price, among others. It lasted from 1999 to 2005.

SJ

FINALLY!!!! *happy dance*

October 12 2007 at 10:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paisley

Wow this is the best news i"ve heard in a long time, I've been waiting for this, can't wait to tell all my TW friends. Loved this show and was quite peeved when it was cancelled. Yup I didn't really enjoy the last season, the way I enjoyed the rest of them, but it still was an awesome show.

October 11 2007 at 1:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tracey

OMG Yes!!! Yay finally, I am acting like a kid that has just been told "We're going to Disneyland!"

Honestly, I have waited so long for this, this was my favorite show and I agree the first five seasons were fantastic and it's a very underrated show. However, I think the first ten minutes of the season premiere that last season were some of the most intense and violent scenes I've ever watched on network TV.

This show was action-packed, with a great ensemble cast and a great creative team. The interaction between the characters, having the NYPD, NYFD and the NY Paramedics interact; that's what made Third Watch so great. Too bad they made it into a cop show toward the end. It sounds like they did a good job with the extras, I just really hope they were able to secure the copyrights to the original songs they used that helped enhance the storylines. That's another thing about Third Watch, they had the coolest music for a TV show at the time.

So this is great news! This along with the announcement that George Harrison's entire solo catalogue will now be available digitally, man I am in a good mood today. ^_^

October 10 2007 at 8:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
R-Bro

Great news! This was an awesome, awesome show for the first five seasons. Highly underrated, and well worth watching. But skip the melodramatic, overwrought final season.

October 10 2007 at 11:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

I enjoyed the show when it was about all the groups of rescuers but then they tried to make it like NYPD Blue and I stopped watching.

October 10 2007 at 10:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Preach

Ummm... Third Watch is just now coming to DVD in the States? The first season has been available in Germany (from Warner) for 2 years now. Hell, it has already hit the bargain bin at 9€ for the whole season...

October 10 2007 at 10:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SamMalone

I loved the show too. But after they dealt with the seriousness of Sept. 11th storyline, the mob-fighting story just seemed ridiculous to me. That's about when I stopped watching. Those where some well-written characters and and there was good acting too.

October 10 2007 at 10:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jon

It's a shame this show ended as early as it did. Seriously, it blows every other cop-drama out of the water.

October 10 2007 at 9:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply