October 24, 2014

Damages marathon coming October 20

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 11th 2007 6:05PM

Damages

One of my older sisters is an attorney, and we've been talking about the new season a lot lately. She doesn't watch much TV, but she's really into legal shows (which stands to reason - I gravitate towards shows about writers) and she keeps asking me if I've seen the FX series Damages yet. I keep telling her that it's really hard to watch every show out there when I have to write about so many. And I also tell her that if she watches Mad Men then I'll give Damages a chance. No word on the deal yet.

However, October 20 might just be my chance to catch up on the show, as FX is going to air a 12 hour marathon starting at 8am. They already aired a shorter marathon on Labor Day (five episodes), but this marathon will include the first 12 episodes of the series.

The season finale airs on October 23 at 10pm.

[via Pop Candy]

Jerry Chester

The way I judge whether or not if I enjoy a new Drama Series is if:
A. Are the actors/characters real ?
B. Does every minute hold my attention ?
C. Do I look forward to the next episode ?
D. Would I be sorry if I missed an episode ?

I answer yes to all the above regarding Damages.

October 19 2007 at 2:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda Boonstra

I think this is one of the best new shows on TV lately.
I love the past & present parts. It does get confusing sometimes, so I make sure I tape it, watch it, then watch it again in case I missed something. (I do the same with Hero's) Love the show. Can't wait for the finale. Hopefully we will get some answers. Can't imagine what next season will bring. This was a real cliff hanger every
episode. Love it!!!!!!!!!! Linda

October 17 2007 at 1:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Seth

When will AMC be doing a Mad Men marathon? I'm a loyal Damages viewer but I feel bad that I'm not watching Mad Men.

October 12 2007 at 10:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

I disagree totally.

They could've shortened the series by three episodes at least. I never even felt the faintest length in a Mad Men episode. Damages really did not have enough material for 13 episodes it seems.

October 11 2007 at 7:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

I agree with ac. To an extent. They're very different genres. But I look forward to Damages more than I do Mad Men (although that one has improved considerably lately).

October 11 2007 at 7:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

Damages is soo much better than Mad Men.

October 11 2007 at 6:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply