October 30, 2014

Fisher Stevens joins Lost

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 12th 2007 3:01PM

Fisher StevensIn the season finale of Lost, we heard the voice of a character named Minkowski on the other end of a radio, and now the character is going to be seen, in the form of Fisher Stevens.

He might be best known to TV audiences as the costar of Kyle Chandler's series Early Edition and his guest stint on the first season of Friends, as Phoebe's boyfriend. No idea yet what the character will be like, but he is described as "recurring."

Back to that episode of Friends he was on. I read a funny essay by Stevens in the book Fired! He talked about that guest spot and how he thought the script wasn't that great and how he felt sorry for the cast for being on a sitcom. Well, things turned out fairly well for the Friends cast, and the producers of the show told his reps that there was no way he'd ever be invited back to the show.

Pam

I am so looking ofrward to the new season! I have been waiting for it since the season finale. Why do we have to wait so long? I believe all the characters are interlocked and work very well together. I hope the same will be with Fisher.

November 16 2007 at 5:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Galley

Fisher had one of the best lines in cinematic history in "Short Circuit": "I am sporting a tremendous woody!"

October 13 2007 at 10:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

He could make a good addition to Lost, he always plays a quirky character and that will be a good fit for the show.

As to the comment on the flash-forward: I really liked that twist in the finale.Jack was obviously messed up by something that happened either before they left the island or perhaps as a result of them getting off the island, while kate seemed pretty content. There's obviously a lot that has yet to happen, at least that's how I interpreted it, and I am really looking forward to the next season. It seems so far off right now, though.

October 13 2007 at 3:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nick

I still remember him from Key West even though that show was only on for a couple months. in 1993. I have no recollection if it was good or not.

October 12 2007 at 4:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Porchland

shawn, good thing you don't write for the show!

The producers could go anywhere with the off-the-island flash forward: it was near the end and everything leads up to it; they escaped and are going back; they escaped and are trying to get others off the island; they left and can't cope with the real world; they island changed them biologically somehow; etc.

Have you found this show to be predictable in the past?

October 12 2007 at 4:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Aaron

He also co-starred in Short Circuit as the Indian scientist. Oh what a little makeup and a silly voice will do for your career. Plus he was in The Mario Brothers movie.

October 12 2007 at 3:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shawn

i hope the flash foward stuff they showed in the finale was fake. because if not what's the point in watching them on the island anymore.

October 12 2007 at 3:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Journeymystery

You neglect to mention that Fisher Stevens starred in the I-think-it's-classic film Hackers, as Eugene "The Plague" Belford.
Such a great movie.