September 1, 2014

Here's the zombie sex crime show CBS passed on

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 15th 2007 3:03PM

Babylon FieldsThere are so many pilots made each fall that I guess CBS didn't want to go with the show about zombies that come back from the dead and have sex with the living.

But that's pretty much what Babylon Fields was about. It starrred Kathy Baker (Picket Fences), Ray Stevenson (Rome), and Amber Tamblyn (Joan of Arcadia) and was a drama set in a small town. The dead came back to life and the living had to deal with various problems that ensued (though apparantly erecticle dysfunction wasn't one of them - that must be an odd episode). Oh, and it's also a crime drama, with the sheriff solving crimes each week!

I want to see this. TV Week has several clips from the show, but for some reason the videos aren't working for me. Maybe you'll have better luck. This site has a ton of photos from the set.

Jim Treacher

Well, the reanimated people are wearing their dirty funeral clothing because they've just crawled out of their graves. Once they go back home (the ones who still have families there, at least), they clean themselves up and change clothes. One guy even takes out the garbage.

I didn't find it boring at all. Jamey Sheridan is great.

October 16 2007 at 6:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Walt

For the record, I'd like to see more Ray Stevenson so yes, I was looking forward to this.

After looking at the clips, I wondered what they had in mind past the first show. The premise sounds too much like a movie or mini-series at best. I just can't see much in the way of an ongoing story arc.

October 16 2007 at 1:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

I thought you guys were making this up! HAHA

October 15 2007 at 11:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Peanut

Regardless of what the show is about, that woman's mouth is dangerously close to man-boob.

October 15 2007 at 9:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vito The TiVo

It was slow and boring. With the zombie uninterested in brains there just seemed to be little to no conflict.

October 15 2007 at 7:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carissa

I forgot to mention this - my one complaint would be that they kept on their dirty funeral clothing...why the hell would dead folks come back from the dead and still wear their funeral garb? That is just stupid. And I'm thinking soap and water...would it have made them melt??? I guess we'll never know.

October 15 2007 at 5:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carissa

As a huge fan of zombie fiction, I would have definitely given this a try. Vids work fine for me. Armageddon (Jericho) and zombies would have made CBS a true hero for me!

October 15 2007 at 5:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Jones

Sounds like Picket Fences with zombies!

October 15 2007 at 4:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave

From the few clips I saw it seemed very unrealistic.

October 15 2007 at 4:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gig

They don't call 'em "Stiffs" for nothing.

October 15 2007 at 3:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply