September 16, 2014

Sherri Shepherd to star in new CW sitcom

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 18th 2007 8:11AM

Sherri ShepherdNew View cohost Sherri Shepherd is going to star in a new sitcom for The CW.

The show will be about a woman who discovers that her hubby has cheated on her and has a kid with another woman. The other family moves in with them (wacky sitcom premise!) and then the gang travels around the world, trying to prove that the earth is flat.

Actually, Shepherd has been great in everything I've seen her in, from Less Than Perfect to a guest role on Friends (she played a museum employee who befriended Joey) to her guest spots on 30 Rock as Tracy's wife. I didn't realize that the plot of this new sitcom mirrors something that happened in Shepherd's own life (her husband had an affair and a child with someone else), so that adds an interesting wrinkle to the project.

And if you're wondering: yup, she'll continue on The View too.

kevjohn

Doesn't anyone else remember the Designing Women episode where they explained big boobs = low intelligence? heh, I kid, I kid. Besides, that Hasselback chick is dumb as a rock and flat-chested as one too. So Sherri's not that bright. Is that all that surprising when you hear stats like 25% of h.s. graduates can't find the Pacific Ocean on a map? Maybe they think the world is flat too. More important things to worry about.

She's a very funny actress, and I'll give the show a viewing or two if/when it makes it to air. If I eliminated shows with stupid and/or ignorant stars from my viewing rotation, I'd never be able to watch pro sports again.

October 18 2007 at 2:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
david

boooo this woman.

October 18 2007 at 2:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jimmy

Hhhmmm, sounds familiar, like...maybe...Reba? Are there no original ideas left in Hollywood.

October 18 2007 at 10:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Josh

Who cares what she has said on The View? That's like boycotting the Dixie Chicks because they're anti-Bush.

I'm a big fan of Sherri's work on Less Than Perfect and 30 Rock, so I'd check this show out.

October 18 2007 at 10:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shawn

she should stick to 30 rock :)

October 18 2007 at 10:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
karsh

She's keeping it real, alright...real dumb.

October 18 2007 at 10:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cincinnati Mike

From Less Than Perfect to 30 Rock to her occasional guest shots on the View, I had a fair amount of respect for Ms Shepard. But that "Flat Earth" stuff spoiled it. Not the ignorance so much, but her defiant fall-back position: that kind of stuff doesn't matter as much as feeding her babies. In other words, she's "keeping it real."

October 18 2007 at 9:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply