August 20, 2014

Whatever happened to the cast of M*A*S*H?

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 23rd 2007 4:24PM

Gary BurghoffAOL has an interesting slide show over at their TV section, about the cast of M*A*S*H and what they're up to now.

Of course, we know what happened to a few of them. McLean Stevenson and Larry Linville both passed away, and Alan Alda almost became President of the United States. But I wasn't aware that Wayne Rogers wasn't acting much anymore and had made a ton of money in the business world and was on the board of directors of a Fortune 500 company and appears on a FOX business show, Cashin' In.

And what has the rest of the cast been up to? Has Gary Burghoff (Radar) become an astronaut? Did Jamie Farr (Klinger) join the U.S. Olympic bobsledding team? Is Loretta Swit (Hot Lips) running a cheese shop in Wisconsin?

The answer to all of those questions, by the way, is no, but it's interesting to note what a few of the stars are up to now. It's also great to see that they didn't just focus on the main cast. We get to see what Allan Arbus (Dr. Sidney Freeman) and Rosalind Chao (Klinger's wife towards the end of the show) have been doing recently.

Who's surprised you the most out of the list as to where they are now? Let's hear your thoughts in the comments.

CJ

NO ONE CARES ABOUT PLASTIC-KIM KARDASHIAN... GET OVER IT MEDIA! SHE IS A NEVER BEEN FROM THE WAS BIN... FROM THE VERY BEGINNING! SHE IS ONLY GOOD FOR SEX MOVIES!

April 08 2012 at 1:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kyle

Larry Linville was a great person in real live according to the rest of the cast.

January 10 2008 at 5:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kyle

I am interested to find out about where everyone is. However: Does anyone know where Nurse Kelley and Igor Stravinski are. They were there through the whole series. Where is Rizzo?

January 10 2008 at 4:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Allie

This is my farvorite show. No matter what part of the show I stop to watch. Have the dvd's now. The whole cast was great. Even ferrett face!

RIP Larry Linville & Mclean Stevenson.

Alan Alda.....mmmm Hawkeye. What a hunk. I heard he's as nice as he seems. What a lucky woman his wife is.

December 30 2007 at 9:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Darryl Lawton

As for the TV stars of the hit show, I was most amazed at Harry Morgan. Still alive at 92. Man, he looked old, even in the old "Dragnet" series. As for M*A*S*H, it seems that the stars of the original movie have fared better than those of the TV version. Alan Alda was OK, but there was just no real comparison to Donald Sutherland, Sally Kellerman, and the rest of the cast. Oh well, TV has always tried to capitalize on the big-screen successes. That's what makes it TV.

November 22 2007 at 9:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fran Gullett

I have wondered for a long time and I hope someone can answer this. It seems as though in every episode the nurses in the O.R. wore their masks crisscrossed over their head and the DR.S were straight around. Was this for a reason? I love watching Mash and still do everday via DVD.

November 15 2007 at 11:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Boston Mike

I loved and still love M.A.S.H. I have all the seasons on DVD. I know that I watched After M.A.S.H and I did not like it, but I can come home find nothing on and I can watch any show and laugh my butt off. But you know what I still crack up when I see the show with the Knock Knock joke..

November 04 2007 at 1:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Emory

I heard Jamie Farr's children's story on the radio set to music and it was sweet. I am also impressed with his charilty golf tournament. Like others, I love to watch the M*A*S*H reruns.

November 01 2007 at 7:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JOHN

I HAD A CHANCE MEETING WITH ALAN ALDA ONCE IN CALIFORNIA. HE WAS BY FAR THE BIGGEST HORSES' A** I EVER HAD THE DISPLEASURE OF MEETING.
I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO MEET HARRY MORGAN, JAMIE FARR, AND WILLIAM CHRISTOPHER IF I EVER HAD THE CHANCE. I THINK THEY WERE JUST WONDERFUL THEY WERE TRUE PROFESSIONALS IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD, ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. (BY THE WAY, I ROOTED FOR JIMMY SMITS IN THE WEST WING)

November 01 2007 at 4:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply