September 3, 2014

CBS orders more scripts for Moonlight, Cane

by Anna Johns, posted Oct 24th 2007 7:23PM
moonlight; alex loughlinCBS wants to see where a few of its under-performing shows are going before deciding their fate. The network ordered four more scripts for both Moonlight and Cane. Moonlight, a series about vampires in Los Angeles, is the net's lowest-rated show on Friday nights (it's in the 10 pm time slot). And Cane is ranked 8th on Tuesday nights.

While I can't say much about Cane, I can say that I was mighty disappointed in Moonlight. I'm a big fan of Jason Dohring from Veronica Mars, but I found him horribly miscast as "the oldest vampire in LA" (or maybe he'll always be Logan Echolls to me).

We Squadders were having a little discussion on e-mail recently about Moonlight and, while a handful of us do not like the series at all, there are a few people who do. It seems that the allure is Alex O'Loughlin. But, can one hot guy keep the series alive when the story and dialogue are seriously lacking? Only time will tell, but I'm not betting on Moonlight to stick around for much longer.

Mandy

Why does CBS put show's that will rise on Fridays and not on a Monday or a Tuesday. Moonlight is a great show how can the ask for more scripts when there is a Writers Strike going on.
What's up with CBS asking for more?

January 13 2008 at 8:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Penny

I love Moonlight, and I am glad it is getting a chance. I love the way Jason Dohring plays his character, he is perfect for the role. I am sick of people compairing this show to Angel. I watched Angel, and loved it. And the shows are similar but Moonlight and Angel have taken different paths with the same basic plot, a vampire PI in LA. Angel was more about Angel fighting other demons and Moonlight hasn't, at least not yet, brought demons into the show.

November 25 2007 at 10:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cori260

While I was disappointed in the season opener of Moonlight, I recognize that sometimes shows need a bit of time to grow, to mature, to find their voice.
I believe that to be the case with this show. Each episode continues to improve, and the script writing is getting tighter...not quite there yet...but it's going to happen. The network just needs to put its pocketbook and support behind the series.

Lets not forget other shows that networks thought were bombs...but went on to be 10-year runners... Can we saw......"BUFFY" and "JAG".

Buffy was discounted as a non-winner silly fluff-n-stuff. It has become such a hugh cult show that even today we, who are fans, cannot let it go.

I believe a lot of fans of Angel, don't want to give ML a chance as a way of protest... I say get over it. Angel has flown the coop, DB has moved on to bonier pastures. Give Moonlight, Alex, Sophia, and Jason a chance.

Guarantee they will worm their way into your pysche and your hearts!

November 18 2007 at 3:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
b3

I sure hope that Moonlight will survive, it's a GREAT show, and I hope that more people will start watching it reruns and new episodes! It's the best new thing out there since Angel Spike and Buffy left us. And it's very different and I think it will have a broader view base.

Vampires? Love with humans? Who does not like a good romantic, Gothic show about romance, crime fighters as well and Vampires!

November 18 2007 at 4:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lolly

I, for one, hope Moonlight stays on. Mick is such good eye candy and the chemistry between him and Beth gets better and better. I did hope the writers would let the sexual tension build longer before they had the kiss. Maybe they will back track and let it rebuild again. I'll keep watching but I think we need a lot more viewers to keep it on the air.

November 15 2007 at 1:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
assuit

This is a great show. There are never enough Vampire shows and this one is different enough from the others to stand on its own legs. Everybody vote for it at the peoples choice awards.

November 14 2007 at 9:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Kay

I love Cane so far. I hope CBS keeps it going. I can't understant why this great drama is not getting the attention it deserves. Great acting.

November 11 2007 at 11:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
luchiaan

I admit to a guilty pleasure in "Moonlight" too. It may be campy, with some "Oh Beth, let me looked at you with my tortured stare" but that's just what I need on occasion. Not everything has to be full of meaning and drama and perfectly written. Fun, fluffy, hot guys that save the day are like that extra piece of chocolate that you know you shouldn't have, but can't resist. Keep it coming.

November 09 2007 at 1:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
julie

I think Moonlight is great! I think it is a great fantasy show and to me that is exactly what TV should be, make believe. If you want realism-watch the news! I think the chemistry between Mick and Beth is great! I think that if they used the same old vampire stuff it would be boring. Everybody has heard that story. This is a different twist. I really hope they keep this show going.

November 03 2007 at 10:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mildred

I agree with Jennifer, Cane is awesome and the actor who plays Santo deserved an EMMY

November 02 2007 at 10:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply