July 23, 2014

Ten all-time scariest TV characters

by Keith McDuffee, posted Oct 24th 2007 12:01PM
nightmare at 20,000 feetEveryone's got their own idea of what's truly frightening. I'm not talking about people or things who just are scary because they're dangerous or despicable. I mean things that truly keep you awake at night, afraid to turn out the lights. Afraid to be home alone. Afraid to fly on a plane. There are a few characters on television over the years who've stuck out more than others as being truly frightening to a handful of us TV Squadders, and we've put together a list (surprise!) of characters who have haunted us for years. If we're digging up old unforgotten nightmares of your own, well, sorry about that.

The list is numbered, but it doesn't necessarily mean these are ordered. Like I said -- we all have a different definition of what truly frightens us. Make sure you list your own in the comments. Click on a number below to get started.

#10 #9 #8 #7 #6 #5 #4 #3 #2 #1

Jordan

The Source of All Evil! "Charmed"

October 30 2007 at 1:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Galley

My vote goes to The Reavers from Firefly. They get even scarier in Serenity when we learn how they got that way.

October 25 2007 at 8:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nattyff

im not a coward person, but the only thing that really freak me out for months was the mini series "intruders", i spend easiñy three month afraid of windows and wondering if maybe i have been abducted in my life!!. The most scary thing of that movie was tha fact that no one coud help you if they come for you, not even your husband, because he was soundly sleeping right next to you when the freakyn aliens came for you!! LOL (a saw these movie when a was about 14 years old, and an x files fan!!!)

October 24 2007 at 6:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Goats

Jake, the hitchhiker from Six Feet Under who kidnaps David at gunpoint, forces him to smoke crack, beats him, and pours gassoline on him and forces him to beg for his life, should have been on the list.

October 24 2007 at 3:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Edd

I would have read this, but why make me read through 10 pages? Cheap advertising dollars for AOL? Didn't go past #10.

I keep finding reasons to think about finding another blog to loiter on, even though I like a lot of the writing style here. These messy reviewcaps and cack-handed way of doing things is annoying.

Anyway, I can't comment on the top scariest as I havn't seen the others. But Lucille Bluth gets my vote.

October 24 2007 at 2:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply