August 29, 2014

Some good and bad Battlestar Galactica news

by Keith McDuffee, posted Oct 25th 2007 8:50PM
battlestar galacticaSo, you've been enjoying those "Razorettes" we've been posting here lately, have you? Good. Good. There will be more of those in the coming weeks. And... AND... then, the Battlestar Galactica: Razor movie! Woo!

I've also heard some other potentially good news lately regarding our beloved series. It turns out that, due to the looming writers strike and how it could put a halt to new television for a while, there are reports that NBC may consider airing old episodes of Battlestar Galactica... on NBC!

OK, now for the bad news...

The LA Times has gotten scoop on when the series will finally return to the air, following the Razor movie, and it's a downer. January? Nope. February? Nope. Try APRIL. Maybe I should have just ripped the Band Aid off quickly, huh?

The little bit of good news out of the late return of the series is that Ron D. Moore will direct one of the episodes though not until after the show comes back from its hiatus. Oh yeah, did I forget to remind you that there's that long hiatus that may possibly push the last season into 2009?

There's a few other words from Moore in the LA Times article worth checking out.

[Thanks Akbar!]

Dorv

Thanks, Tim... Fairly good... Moved and got a new job.

I guess I'm the only one who really doesn't mind the possibility of the split season. I see our friend Akbar's point that nothing has been announced yet, but I personally think its a foregone conclusion that the second part of the season will be pushed back to 2009. Hopefully that means that they will take more time to break and prep the episodes. I truly believe that the middle of certain seasons were hurt because of increased length. If spreading the seasons out means that I trade patience for quality, I'm all for it.

October 28 2007 at 12:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim McCleese

Thank you Dorv. That makes sense about the dvd's. If a lot of goodies DO come with the dvd's that would take some of the sting out of the wait... a lot of those deleted scenes would be nice. But Dorv...the way they are handling everything about BSG, sometimes I think we will be lucky to get them (dvd's) at all. Indeed, I have read rumors of the fourth season being split up into two 10 episode seasons, possibly spilling into 2009. I have read that three or four episodes may not even be finished as yet due to the writers strike problem. Of course, these possibilities have been already discussed on this blog and on others as you are no doubt aware of. But you are right, it is pointless to become frantic over things you cannot control. Then again who knows....if we all bitch enough in unison...maybe we can make a small difference here or there. By the way....I hope you had a nice summer.

October 27 2007 at 11:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dorv

Tim-1: CALM DOWN!!!!!!!! I think that S1 on HD-DVD comes out in December, so if you have the right equipment, you can watch Park in HD Goodness :)

I actually don't want them to rush the DVDs out... Veronica Mars used to always do that, and they came out so feature-less. Anyways, I'm still so bitter about S2 being two different DVD sets that I still haven't purchased ANY BSG DVDs since S1.

October 27 2007 at 7:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim McCleese

......and speaking of inexcusable, If season four IS going to be delayed, then the season three dvd's should be released immediately! I just don't get it why they are not out already.

October 27 2007 at 8:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim McCleese

This is an outrage!!!!! No Grace Park til April?!!!! This is not just bad news...this is a crisis! If these reports are true, then it is unexcusable the way this stellar show is being handled. Please say it ain't so!

October 26 2007 at 6:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Akbar Fazil

To all who think the season will be split: That has not been announced yet.

More than likely, I do see it happening but don't count on it just yet.

October 26 2007 at 1:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
scazza

I'm verry happy they're splitting the season. The writing was way better when they were working with blocks of 10 or 12 episodes. The long season led to off topic wanderings, indulgences.

October 26 2007 at 12:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ralph

Fine by me as long as I get the S3 DVD set prior to S4 starting. I missed the entire second part of S3 and would like to get caught up.

Yes, I know I'm in the minority here.

October 26 2007 at 10:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ian

I think the answer is that because there will be no season 5, they are delaying the start of saeason 4 and splitting it into two parts.

October 26 2007 at 9:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bsgfan2003

I feel the same way Dorv. I'd tune in if it was pay per view on the moon in 2025. My point was that I wish they would come to the conclusion that they might lose money and give us what we what sooner rather than later.

October 26 2007 at 12:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply