November 22, 2014

Stargate: Atlantis and Eureka both get another season

by Brett Love, posted Oct 25th 2007 6:30PM
Joe Fkanigan - AtlantisGood news everyone. Or, good news for those of you that have a penchant for the SciFi original programming at least. The network has announced that they have ordered the fifth season of Stargate: Atlantis (20 episodes), which comes on the heels of the announcement for a third season of Eureka (13 episodes).

The SG-1 spinoff has performed well in its first season out of big brother's shadow. The show is currently averaging 1.8 million viewers, well above SciFi's 1.3 million prime time average. For its part, Eureka continues to be very popular, with the network touting it as bringing "3 million new viewers to the channel." I'm not sure how that number works out, but if it means more Eureka, I'm all for it. Unfortunately, there was no word on the fate of Flash Gordon. Although, the fact that the show at least got a mention in the article gives some hope.

Thanks to everyone who sent this in.

Will

Yay for Eureka! I'm way behind on Stargate.

October 26 2007 at 10:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Aberdeen

But Flash Gordon is awful!! Maybe someone will have the genius idea of hiring Manny Coto and doing another series of Odyssey 5 instead...

October 26 2007 at 9:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Horse N. Buggy

I hung in there with Flash Gordon for far too long. I am a huge fan of the 80's movie. I guess I was waiting to see what they would do with Voltan and Barron. Even though I loved the actor who plays Voltan when he played "Plow Guy" on Men In Trees, the hawkmen are just awful on this show. Seriously, I could have done a better knock off in a high school camcorder production than this show.

And then they cast Steve Bacic as Barron. Puh-lease! I know it's difficult to fill Timothy Dalton's shoes, but ANYONE would be better than Bacic. But I don't know why I expected anything else.

Everyone is terribly cast on this show. Aura is a joke. Zarkoff is lame. Flash is blah. Dale is the only one who has any depth. And the new character, the "alien huntress" who lives with Flash, is unbelievably unimaginative.

October 26 2007 at 9:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark Adams

Does ANYONE like FLASH GORDON?? The original TV series, a piece of crap that was made in West Germany back in the 50's, was better than this disaster. It's not even adult enough for Saturday morning on Nickolodeon. Dump it quickly, Sci-Fi.

October 26 2007 at 8:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordon Werner

Ganesh ... the only appeal of Flash Gordon would be Gina Holden IMHO ... and of course the name of the show ...

the 1980s movie was better and more fun.

October 25 2007 at 10:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordon Werner

That sucks ... I liked that show ... The Dresden Files was interesting and a nice twist on the procedural (much better than the closest equivalents Blood Ties (Lifetime) and Moonlight (CBS)

Damn. At least they weren't stupid enough to cancel Eureka.

October 25 2007 at 10:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ganesh

yes, to reiterate what someone else mentioned, dresden was canceled. the two episodes i watched of flash gordon were much worse than any episode of dresden files. sci-fi channel made a big mistake by canceling dresden.

can anyone who likes flash gordon explain its appeal?

October 25 2007 at 8:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
eric d

eureka rocks

October 25 2007 at 8:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bsgfan2003

Akbar- What's the BSG news? I can't wait!

October 25 2007 at 8:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
NavStar

Please kill Flash Gordon. Who exactly keeps tuning it to that show. It's so dull and Vancouver-y.

October 25 2007 at 7:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply