October 23, 2014

Vanessa Hudgens signed for High School Musical 3

by Brad Trechak, posted Nov 4th 2007 12:55PM
High School MusicalAccording to MSNBC, Vanessa Hudgens has signed on for Disney's High School Musical 3 reprising her role of Gabriella Montez. She's even getting a pay increase. This is despite the infamous compromising (i.e. nude) photos of her that circulated around the Internet not too long ago.

I was coerced into watching the original High School Musical by my niece. It was accurately described by my brother as "Grease, the Next Generation". It was cute, but nothing great. Like any old codger, I fail to understand why this phenomenon even took hold. But, it did. (On a side note, I don't even get why any parent would name their kid "Sharpay" unless they were really cruel.)That being said, I'm actually glad that Disney signed her on for the second sequel. It would have been a shame if making a mistake like she did cost her a chunk of her career. Of course, it also might have been a career booster since the whole "good girl gone bad" motif is known to work. Britney Spears is an example of this.

Perhaps Disney can even use this to their advantage. HSM3 can be rated R, having all cast members appear nude. Then they can use the photo for publicity. For those with no sense of humor, that last paragraph was a joke.

claudia

hi she did sign to be in hsm 3 so please stop all the rumors ok

December 25 2007 at 8:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
claireheron

you all need to get a life..HSM 3 won't be good without vanessa in it...you all are so annoying...stop worrying about her personal life. if you we're famous and you did something wrong would u want everyone talking shit on you? no you wouldn't...and for the person who said shes not signed on yet and i know what i'm talking about. you don't cuz an interview with her just came out on the internet explaining wat will happen in the 3rd movie and that everyone is back on board. so all you losers. get your asses off the internet and these blogs and get a life. thanksss!

December 01 2007 at 6:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
geraldine

Vanessa has not signed for HSM 3 yet. That's official, i know what I'm talking about. But, what makes me laugh is that Vanessa has just slammed Britney and Lindsay for their behaviour... what about her OWN?

November 07 2007 at 10:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kevjohn

Why is that sick, Oreo? Isn't most of the cast like in their mid-20's anyway, like most "high school" shows?

I know that would pretty much be the only way to get me to watch this nonsense.

November 05 2007 at 2:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joey Geraci

High School Musical really can't compare to any other musical ever produced in the history of mankind. It is like Power Rangers. When you were a kid, you swore it was the best thing since sliced bread. When you get older, you see an episode, and you wonder what the hell you saw there.

November 04 2007 at 9:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Because I Said So

Who cares! She's a no talent, her body was no big deal.

November 04 2007 at 4:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cathy

Sorry, perhaps I should add that I only saw HSM 2 the sumemr vacation one. I never saw the first one. Maybe it is better than 2. Doubt it. lol

November 04 2007 at 2:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cathy

I agree with you. I have 2 daughters, 22 and 20 and they love the show. I think its ok. However no way can it be compared to GREASE. Grease is far and above HSM. The broadway version as well as the one with Olivia Newton John and John Travolta. They have also made a musical of Legally Blonde which I have not seen but again, both my daughters love it.

November 04 2007 at 2:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cathy

I agree with you.

November 04 2007 at 2:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

"Perhaps Disney can even use this to their advantage. HSM3 can be rated R, having all cast members appear nude."

Sickly I know several people that probably would like that.

November 04 2007 at 1:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply