July 23, 2014

Great chants heard on the picket lines

by Bob Sassone, posted Nov 7th 2007 2:04PM

Eva Longoria deliversThere are so many articles and blogs about the writers strike that it's really hard to keep track of them all. But I'm really enjoying the first person accounts from writers and other industry people on what's going on at the picket lines in Los Angeles and New York City.

One of the funniest parts of the strike (and there are funny parts) is what the people on the picket lines are saying. If you're on a picket line, you have to also say something. You can't just walk around the whole day carrying a sign, completely silent. So the writers have come up with several chants they've been saying. After the jump, a few of my favorites. Many of them are about Desperate Housewives.

Writers were upset that the show tried to film during the strike. Julia Louis-Dreyfus even joined in and tried to get Longoria to stop filming. Longoria brought them pizza, but the writers still weren't pleased. Maybe she should have gotten something besides Domino's.

"Marcia don't Cross that picket line!"

"We write the laughter for Teri Hatcher!"

"We write the story-a for Eva Longoria!"

"More money, Less Moonves!"

Now I know you readers can come up with some other good ones. Just think of your favorite show and create something. How about "They'll be no DOH! if we don't get dough?" or maybe "We love Tina Fey, but we need more pay!" I'm sure you can think of something that rhymes with Chuck.

Anthony

didn't anyone hear "Marcia's cross and so are we"? it was all over the news...

November 09 2007 at 10:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sitruc

While those chants definitely don't help their cause, I can finally understand why I don't watch ABC....

November 07 2007 at 10:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Thomas

If that's the best they can come up with as writers then they're not doing their cause much good.

November 07 2007 at 4:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
apronk

"No more Heroes until we get more zeros!"

or, my personal fave,

"I want a raise! That's what she said!"

November 07 2007 at 4:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BartmanDK

"More money, Less Moonves!" i lol'ed

November 07 2007 at 3:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Jones

These whiny writers are bugging me ... strike all you want, but you that episode of DH was written before the strike ... should strikes apply retroactively?

Let the people shoot their shows for god sake ... I don't stop working when the postal workers strike!

November 07 2007 at 3:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
scolapasta

Here's a few:

General:
Give us more cash, or enjoy reruns of MASH!

For How I Met Your Mother:
We want more money, to tell Ted's future honey!

Dirty Sexy Money (obviously):
You give us more dirty sexy money, we'll give you more Dirty Sexy Money!

Now to find a rhyme for residual...

November 07 2007 at 3:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan

That's the best that writers who want more money can come up with?

I think as a further sign of protest that all their signs should be blank. They are writers on strike after all.

November 07 2007 at 2:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steve

I guess Eva doesn't support the writers if she is giving them Domino's. Gross!

November 07 2007 at 2:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rob

Well, since they are writers on strike, wouldn't it make more sense for their signs to be blank? That's much funnier than any DH crack they could make, in my opinion.

November 07 2007 at 2:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply