April 24, 2014

Tim Kring apologizes to Heroes fans

by Bob Sassone, posted Nov 7th 2007 12:01PM

Heroes castI have to admit that I don't really get why so many Heroes fans are up in arms about this second season. I've heard everything from "sophomore slump" to "it has jumped the shark" to "it sucks!" and I don't agree with any of those viewpoints.

Has it been the intense, oh-my-God look how this episode ended in another cliffhanger thrill ride of the first season? No, but I think that's more a case of how the last season ended and how they had to set up this new season, with new plots and new heroes and old heroes in new situations. And I think that the show really kicked into gear with Monday's fantastic installment.

But Tim Kring actually understands fans fears. He called Entertainment Weekly from the picket line (he says it's really odd that he's picketing his own show!) and says that they made a mistake with the pacing of the show this season, new cast members weren't introduced correctly, the Claire/West love thing isn't really working, the save the world plot took too long to explain, and that Hiro was in Japan too long (OK, that last one I really do agree with - thank God he and Kensei are in the present now).

I think it's interesting how TV is now, where the creator and producer of a TV show can actually apologize to fans about the way a season is going. That never used to happen. Now if Kring could just get rid of the twins with the bleeding eyes...

yenniie

Ep 9 is their best ep so far. I hate the twins! Really, I don't see their purpose in the show. Of course, I still love peter and Adam monroe just became one of my favorites.

November 23 2007 at 12:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dan

So HRG dies...not!! How he gets back from the dead??
If someone knows the spoiler on this one I will appreciate it...Some spoilers I have read say that Claire goes to work for The Company (with the agenda of avenging HRG) and with the knowledge that her blood can heal others, she uses her blood to bring Noah Bennett back from the dead..I hope this writer's strike comes to good terms..it'll be a shame to lose such a good show..and for the people judging the hispanic twins story on the show...the guy that plays Alejandro is from Puerto Rico and he is sooo cute....their power is awesome.. people are so full of envy... Also Monica (St. Joan) has a cool power, I hope they get rid of that little bitch of Elle (I can't stand her!!)

November 20 2007 at 5:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
POLI

P.S.
tim kring's twins are on a journey on Heroes, right?
At the Hunter college presentation in April 2005
"The Twins" introduced the audience to their book called
" The Twins: Journey Of The Soul." The book is about regular people with superpowers and how these regular people and society respond to those powers.
Heroes was moving slow because, tim has to write around what he stole out of this book as not to continue infringement, which would piss the judge off in the lawsuit and make NBC more liable$$$$ than they already are to "The Twins."
The lawsuit is available for viewing on the web, and it will answer a lot of your questions about the changes at Heroes.
I've been investigating this lawsuit as I hope to make a documentary on this interesting story.
stay tune to this site for more info on that documentary and the lawsuit. If anyone has any info about this lawsuit please post all info on this site.
It will be interesting to see how this lawsuit turns out for all involved. Now that's a hit movie.

November 13 2007 at 12:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
POLI

Tim Kring is not a decent guy, he's a thief and a liar.
And he maybe facing prison time. Ask him.
Heroes storylines are in trouble because two NYC artists filed a lawsuit against tim and NBC in March 2007.
That lawsuit is still in a NYC Federal Court.

Season 2 sucks because tim kring can no longer copy those artists work.
Do the homework people on this lawsuit and watch the dots connect right before your eyes, it's on a timeline.

tim would have never stood with the writers on the line if he had major support for Heroes from NBC.
The lawsuit and his no-talent writing has changed everything for him at NBC. He stood with the writers because he had no choice.
Hollywood only deals with winners and moneymakers that can bring the ad dollars in.
If there is a third season for Heroes, why would the advertisers pay full rate for a show that's rapidly losing ratings and the audience? They would want lower rates which would not sit well with NBC.

Think about it? why would a writer change storylines that went to number one in season one to storylines that fell in the mud in season 2?
Isn't the rule if it's not broken don't fix it?

The artists in real life that's suing tim are called
"The Twins", the latino community know them as "Gemelos", which is the spanish words for twins.
Both twins in real life claim that they can paint and write the future. the male twin did a painting depicted the twin towers exploded because of terrorists crashing their planes into the twin towers on 9-11-01.
The Twins take this painting and leave texas enroute to NYC to stop sept 11, 2001 with their painting before the tragedy happens.
Both of these real life "Twins" claim that they can make people bleed from their orfices.( eyes, nose, mouth and ears). Both Twins claim in their story that they use their superpower abilities to help a cuban immigrant girl across the border into Miami.
Now, isn't this storyline the same storyline on Heroes with Isaac Mendez and the wonderless twins?
Tim's changes? for Isaac ( race, drugs and 9-11-01 is now a nuclear blast, and Hiro and Ando dressed as twins are on the way to NYC with Isaac's paintings in a comic book to stop the nuclear blast).
The wonderless twins ( race, instead of helping an immigrant across the border like the real life twins, tim's twins are immigrants trying to get across the border).

The only problem? the story that i'm telling you about the real life "Twins" were first written about in Russell Simmons Magazine "One world" in 2000 and again in The NY Daily News in 2004 written by Vanity Fair Magazine editor Lloyd Grove.

Tim claims in many interviews that he came up with this storyline in Oct-Nov 2005, Heroes premiered Sept 25, 2006. 6 years after "The Twins" real life story was told. notice, tim has announced that the wonderless twins must go, because in season 3 he wants a "clean slate".
I along with many other people in NYC first saw the underground artists known as "The Twins" back in April 2005 at a legendary presentation by "The Twins at Hunter College, where "The Twins " presented their art, film and book. They also did a Q&A with the audience.
Poli

November 13 2007 at 11:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MBG

I agree with Kelly. I don't know why all the complaining. It is still worth the watch and it is just a TV show. I will continue to follow. I think it still is one of the better shows compared with some of the others .

November 13 2007 at 9:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ken

1. I LIKE the show. I eagerly await each new episode. Some people just seem to seek attention by being oh-so-superior to the writers and fellow fans. Bugger off, whiners.

2. That said, those twins - what the hell is up with them? I've waited 7 episodes for them to become interesting - or to DO something interesting. To no avail. They are a built-in bathroom break. And what kind of power is giving oil-eyes? Would Stan Lee have run a comic called "Adventures of the Oil-Eye Twins!" That needs to be the question you ask yourself before introducing new "powers."

November 12 2007 at 10:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cress d

By the way, I thought Heroes was a failure after viewing the first couple of episodes of SEASON ONE. It only got much better 5 or 6 eps. in. Thats when I got hooked. You people are so quick to dismiss it now, only 4-5 eps. into the season.

Fast-food viewers.

November 09 2007 at 3:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cress d

I am really enjoying this season. There is no "sophomore slump" or "jumping the shark" anywhere. I do agree that Hiro back in the present is a GREAT thing..While that storyline was interesting, it became old quickly. After Mondays episode, it seems things will quick into high gear. I was actually excited. This season so far has been about setting up the events for the rest of the season.
Oh, and I'm tired of fickle, fair weather fans. Quit being so quick to label a show as in a slump or shark-jumping. Some viewers act as if this were fast-food; instant and satisfying for the moment. Sit down, pay attention, and looks forward to the next chapter in a 20+episode season.

November 09 2007 at 2:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vito

@ 27 - Mel said:
"There's been a lot of good stuff this season. I'm loving the Matt, Mohinder, and Molly family. (Although I still think it's a missed oppertunity that they didn't change her name to Molly Walker-Parkman-Suresh.)"

That name is just a mouthful! Too funny!

I agree that Parkman has rocked this season and I like Mohinder much more than I did in Season 1.

November 08 2007 at 4:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
justelise

At least Kring sees the flaws in the development and pacing of Season 2 so far. If the Lost people had seen the flaws in opening up too many threads and introducing new/useless characters, watching it might feel more like fun and less like homework.

November 07 2007 at 9:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply