April 23, 2014

TV Squad Daily with Brigitte - VIDEO

by Brigitte Dale, posted Nov 7th 2007 5:41PM
Hey, Brigitte here with TV Squad Daily. I'll be covering the TV stories I find interesting each day, Monday through Friday, in this video blog.

Today on TV Squad Daily:
  • American Idol is going to allow guitars now?
  • The rumors are not true: Lindsay Lohan's dad isn't looking for his own reality show to compete with Dina's.
  • Bear Grylls wants you to know his new season of Man vs. Wild is much more authentic.
The video's embedded below, or you can subscribe to this podcast via our feed. Plus, you can also download the file directly.

Jim Murphy

Go-Kart - -

Thanks for trying to make me feel good about it, but the Romper Room Lady never, NEVER called my name! I've never quite recovered from the disappointment!

November 09 2007 at 12:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Go-Kart

@ Murph,

A few years ago, I was introduced to someone I only remember now as the "Romper Room Lady" through a fellow work colleague. Apparently, she was a hostess of this show and a bit of a minor celebrity within the local community.

More interestingly, I was shown the actual prop that served as the Magic Mirror - held it in my hand even! I suppose it could've been more thrilling if I had heard of the show in the first place. Alas, I did not savour the moment.

Looks like there's a little ditty that goes along with the Magic Mirror:

Romper bomper, stomper boo.
Tell me, tell me, tell me, do.
Magic mirror, tell me today.
Have all my friends had fun at play?"

I see Jim and Lisa and HineyWipe and Brigitte and . . . **

_______________

* At the risk of making anyone feel old(er), I've not seen the show.
** Don't see Patrick, that's for sure.

November 08 2007 at 6:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vi

Mount

Hi, it's funny that you say that, my father is a fan of Jerry Lewis!
(It is not so funny because I read an old stereotype popular in the United States qualifies as a major french fans of Jerry Lewis.;)
Of course, I'd love to interact with mlle Dale, but I think it should be overwhelmed with letters of fans and admirers.

How did you come to Texas, from where you come?

The Frenchy

November 08 2007 at 4:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vi

HineyWipe
I agree with you! I hope beyond those cliches.
If you come to the Louvre, come on the first Sunday of the month, it's free!
I am on the east coast, it is also the border with Germany and belgium is not very far, there wood the best beers!
Actually the factory Peugeot is 30 minutes from my home via the highway, I am surprised that you know the brand.
I also always liked your country, I listen to a lot of American music groups, and indeed, it does not happen one day here without one mentions "the American dream"
In fact, Dailly Squad do not equivalent france, and it is still not very well known, but I remedied.
I have to watch several times to try to understand all the subtleties, Brigitte has a lot of talent, it is funny, intelligent and endearing

See you soon

The Frenchy

November 08 2007 at 12:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mont

Vi,

Hi. I'm from Texas, so I, too, have trouble with English. But if I were to choose a "corresponding American", I'd choose Ms. Dale. Or Jerry Lewis.

November 08 2007 at 11:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
HineyWipe

Hey, I just realized something! I could care less about the writer's strike. Want to know why? Because of the internet!! We now have these super-creative individuals (e.g. Brigitte Dale) that keep us entertained and returning day after day (well, got to have weekends off).
But think, I mean, I spend more time searching (Re-searching), reading, learning, laughing, typing replies, than I do watching TV. Which means to keep me focused on TV, the writers (if they ever do settle) better come up with something more distracting (and worthwhile) than the blogs and their talent produce.
Where else can you watch a show, comment to the talent and audience, and actually get feedback? Worldwide?

@ Vi: Merci! I am not French, but hope to visit the Louvre next year. And have great respect for France (art, movies, your women, food, life, history) and its people (did I mention French women?). It's a shame that opinion has spoiled it for both sides (meet a New Yorker and get rebuffed, you think all New Yorkers are jerks...meet a Parisian and the same happens...). Wow, you are near the Vosges and Switzerland! And near the home of Peugeot!

Besides, folks, the EU is worth ALOT more than the US $...so expect tourism from Europe to increase...

Brigitte: you have a worldwide audience! How cool is that!

November 08 2007 at 10:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa

Jim-
I remember Romper Room. I was thrilled when they mentioned my name!
Lisa

November 08 2007 at 10:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gig

Brigitte,

I think it is safe to say that I have looked forward to your podcast each day an "unnatural" since long before the strike. And I'm probably not alone in that.

November 08 2007 at 10:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steven

Brigitte – I used to make fun of Nebraska all the time. It was constantly the butt of my jokes for I thought of it as a place where nothing of importance ever happened.

When I was little, for a while I wished my family lived in Nebraska because it was in the center of my map of the USA and a “safe” distance away from primary nuclear targets like DC, LA, and NYC. I stopped casting my dinner table vote for Nebraskan relocation after passing out when E.T. was caught on flashlight in a corn field.

In adulthood, for the last 6 years, I’ve capitalized on selling off-site data protection services (vaulting backup tapes, server and laptop data) for business in Manhattan and DC. These markets have heightened consumer awareness for our services due to 9/11 and the fact that we’ve got troops in Iraq. When explaining my recent decision to move to DC to friends and family, I said “It’s not like I’m moving to Nebraska”!

Brigitte, I want you to know that after watching your blog for past month, I don’t poke fun at Nebraska anymore.

You’re carrying the whole State girl!

November 08 2007 at 9:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steven

Jim Murphy – You want to do what with Brigitte in front of the Magic Mirror in the Romper Room? So you’re turning into a regular Sean Jackson. Perhaps you’re one in the same… Just kidding about the identity merge Jim! Man, you’re on fire today!

To be honest with you, you’re right about the ukuleles. I’ll explain…

One of the drawbacks to not having a TV is that when you want to watch Grand Slam tennis, you’re going to have to see it at a bar without sound. On Sept. 5th, I went to a local bar to watch the big US Open match between Federer and Roddick. I left the house knowing that the sound of the racquets striking ball and McEnroe’s commentary would be muted.

It didn’t matter.

During the first set, Victoria Vox began strumming her ukulele 20 feet behind me. She was amazing. When she started with her invisible trumpet, I actually stopped watching the match. Actually, she noticed that I stopped watching TV every time she incorporated mouth trumpet into her songs and called it to everyone’s attention. Too funny!

So I would like to retract what I said earlier about the World needing more ukuleles. I really don’t have enough points of reference. I have only experienced one ukulele and it happen to be played by the only human being that I have requested an autograph from…

You’re right, but can you understand my enthusiasm?

November 08 2007 at 9:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply