April 20, 2014

Not one, but two new seasons slated for Damages

by Jackie Schnoop, posted Nov 13th 2007 7:29AM
FX - DamagesFX has ordered 26 new episodes of Damages, which will result in two new seasons for the critically acclaimed drama. According to a TVGuide.com article, Jamie Erlicht, the Co-President of Programming and Production for Sony Pictures Television, praised FX for its support of the show.

Many members of the cast were originally contracted for six years including Glenn Close, Rose Byrne, and Tate Donovan, as well as producers Todd A. Kessler, Glenn Kessler, Daniel Zelman.

While those actors will work through season two, it's not definite whether Ted Danson's character Frobisher will return at this time.

Production is scheduled to resume early next year. If the writers strike is still ongoing at that time, it might affect the production schedule. Although Damages isn't drawing huge audiences in the ratings, the network believes up to 22% of its audience records it with DVR players. The positive reviews by critics and show fans indicate that it may grow to a larger audience in time. Thus, two more seasons on the way!

Necie

I love Damages never missed a show last year. I must admit I had my DVR going too! I don't know what I would do if I missed a show. I have not found a start date for season 2, does anyone know when it starts?

January 28 2008 at 1:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CARLA

I am addicted! Does anyone know if season 1 is on DVD?

January 04 2008 at 10:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rosemary Marcello

Yippie -- 2 More Seasons!! Damages is one of those TV series you plan your life around -- it's that good. Let's hope, that with these 2 new seasons, Damages finds the hugh audience it so deserves.

January 03 2008 at 6:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sandiejk

Fabulous show. Can't wait!

November 17 2007 at 1:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steve0

I agree with Judy. In a time where I TiVo most of my shows, Damages was for me appointment television.

This is great news!

November 13 2007 at 10:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MIke

One of the few good stories about Tv recently

November 13 2007 at 7:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Judy

I was not one of the 22% because I could not wait one more minute than I had to in order to watch it. This is truly good news for it is a classy series.

November 13 2007 at 7:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jazzie

This is good news; however, it would have been GREAT news if they could do 2 "real" full seasons, 22 episode each. However, I'll take it! I hope that dog Frobischer returns. Too bad David was killed.

November 13 2007 at 3:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

Yes, I can't wait for Ellen and Patty to show off next season!

November 13 2007 at 2:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Fantastic news!! Gimme more Patricia Hewes!

November 13 2007 at 2:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply