April 23, 2014

TV male eye candy

by Kristin Sample, posted Nov 13th 2007 10:01AM
Patrick DempseyAOL TV is listing the 50 sexiest women ever on television, and each week they release another ten picks. The list includes everyone from classic television actresses like Loni Anderson and Pat Priest to newcomers like Ali Larter and Sophia Bush. My favorite on the list so far is Jennifer Garner, hottie who can kick butt.

Their list inspired some of us female bloggers at TV Squad to make our own lists ... of TV's sexiest men. It's a much shorter one -- and we only focus on the good-looking men of TV today -- but I think you'll like it.

Click on the links below to see our lists -- be sure to start with Isabelle's picks! -- and end the tour with our tribute to TV's Hottest Guy:

parkst01

Smallville's Clark Kent, better known as Tom Welling is the finest white boy I have ever seen in my whole life, and has personally made me fall in love with the show Smallville simply because he is so hot to look at. Damn, he's fine! And Terrel Owens from the Dallas Cowboys, he has a funky attitude, but he's hot too!

March 04 2008 at 8:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mel

well in my opinion, William Petersen, who plays gil grissom on on CSI, is the sexiest man on tv. He has gotten hotter with age and I personally think he is SMOKIN! He even gets my vote for sexiest man alive........grrrrrrrr. Alot of people over look him, but I think he has more than proven himself. He has had a great theatre, film, and tv career. And managed to still look fine as hell!

January 22 2008 at 2:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mrs. Criss Angel

What about Criss Angel!!!! Hes the sexiest man alive! lol =]

November 22 2007 at 9:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ivana

Scott: James Callis is 36 (he was 32 when Battlestar Galactica pilot/miniseries was filmed). Ricardo Chavira is also 36. Dominic Purcell is 37. David Boreanaz is 38. And, as others have observed, Alex McLoughlin is 32, and John Krasinski just 28. So, the answer is YES - there are quite a few men under 40 on that list. The only ones over 40 are Hugh Laurie (48), Rob Lowe (43), and Matthew Fox and Patrick Dempsey who are just over 40 (41). I'd saythese are mostly 'young' lists, especially considering the average age of leading men of big and small screen.

If you are complaining, shouldn't you suggest some 20 year old actors that you think should be there?

As for the lists, I am really happy that you put James Callis there, I've always thought he was the sexiest man from "Battlestar Galactica", but people are more likely to put Jamie Bamber or Tahmoh Penikett on those lists because they play more 'heroic' characters (and are ridiculously ripped). But from "Lost", I would pick Josh Holloway or Naveen Andrews over Matthew Fox. If it's supposed to be an all-time list, I must add that Nicholas Lea was very hot as Alex Krycek in "The X-Files". Hugh Laurie is hot as House (while he certainly was not in "Blackadder"), but I can't forget a great mid-90s TV character that House resembles in many ways: Mandy Patinkin's Dr Jeffrey Geiger in the first season of "Chicago Hope" (the show turned rubbish when he left). He got Emmy for the role, and rightfully so.

November 19 2007 at 10:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
it-s

I've been a Jeffrey Donovan fan ever since Touching Evil, so its great to see him with a hit in Burn Notice!

November 13 2007 at 4:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Liz Newcomb

John Krasinski isn't yet 30, so he makes the young list.

November 13 2007 at 2:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fuser

1. Michael C. Hall- Dexter
2. Shemar Moore- Criminal Minds
3- Tom Welling- Smallville

November 13 2007 at 2:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jen

Scott,

Alex O'Loughlin (Mick St. John) is in his early thirties (or his character is 30 on the show). But I guess you're right about the rest of them!

November 13 2007 at 11:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott

Wow...is there anyone under 40 on any of these lists? Certainly no one under 35. I know TV's all youth-obsessed and it should be refreshingly contrary that all your choices are all older, but really? No one in their 20s or early 30s at all?

November 13 2007 at 11:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply