November 24, 2014

Jamie Oliver returns to Food Network

by Kristin Sample, posted Nov 14th 2007 6:01PM
Jamie OliverJamie Oliver, a favorite of many Food Network lovers, will be returning "home" with his new show to air in January. Probably most famous for his show The Naked Chef, Jamie's new show will be called Jamie at Home. Bob Tuschman, Senior Vice President, Programming for Food Network, explains: "His new show focuses on recipes that are quick, fresh, inventive and easy to recreate at home."

The show will follow Oliver around his home in England and feature him preparing meals with produce from his own country garden. Each episode will feature a different ingredient from Oliver's kitchen garden. Oliver will show viewers a variety of recipes that focus on that ingredient.

Jamie at Home premieres on Food Network on Saturday, January 12 at 9:30 a.m. ET/PT as part of Food Network's "In the Kitchen" line-up.

Gallery: Jamie Oliver

Chef Jamie Oliver and his wife JoolsChef Jamie OliverSadie Frost and Jamie OliverJamie OliverJamie OliverJamie OliverChef Jamie OliverJamie and Jools Oliver

janice

I like Jaime Oliver!!! I think his show is great!!! He seems like an every day guy, but really talented in the kitchen. I am glad that Food Network picked up the show. Emeril got too big for his britches. I love the FN. My favorite is the Barefoot Contessa!! Nigella Lawson is great also!!!

January 08 2008 at 7:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
the dog catcher

Go Jamie

January 08 2008 at 6:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rob

As long as it takes just ONE segment from the over-saturated Rachael Ray, I welcome Jamie. Please (!) I find myself cringing from her overexposed, raspy perky voice, lip-licking and annoyingly interruptive laugh. Actually would prefer anyone on the Food Network if it took one slot from her.

November 16 2007 at 1:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rebecca

Yay! The Naked Chef always gives me good ideas for improving my cooking. I just saw an episode this past week where he roasted lamb with yogurt and mashed chick peas which has got to be better than the results I got with the recipe for lamb in the Betty Crocker cookbook. I've been afraid to try lamb since, but I may venture back in that part of the kitchen soon now.

Thanks Mr. Oliver. =)

November 15 2007 at 7:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
slyn11

Yay! I was just thinking the other day about how much I missed Jamie Oliver. I am glad they will be showing this on Food Network. I hope they get rid of Rachel Ray and put him (or anyone else) in her slot.

November 15 2007 at 7:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Darla

I love Jamie Oliver and so glad he is going to have a new show!! I'm not fat either. 5'6" 120 lbs and I eat healthy.

November 15 2007 at 7:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lori

Didn't miss him much at all.....definitely not my favorite chef.

November 15 2007 at 6:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bren

Im not fat...I love the food network.

November 15 2007 at 6:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Barbara

I can't watch Jamie Oliver, he looks like he needs a shower and the lisp (I know, he can't help it) makes me think he's spitting all over the food. ~cringe~

November 15 2007 at 5:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply