April 23, 2014

Dead Like Me movie update

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Nov 15th 2007 10:03AM
Dead Like MeOver the summer, I kept you in the loop as to the latest spoilers and info about the direct-to-DVD Dead Like Me movie. Since I last gave you news about the movie about three months ago and because the DLM posts here at TV Squad still get a good number hits, I thought it was time I check up on the movie status and see if I could get more dish. Thanks to the movie's IMDb page (it's been up for a while now but I had given up on it since usually IMDb creates pages before or during shooting and it hadn't done that for the DLM movie) I can bring you some news.

The movie's IMDb description was submitted by a fan, but nonetheless it seems pretty accurate per the information we received over the summer: "After the departure of Rube Sofer, a new head reaper named Cameron Kane takes over. He's a slick businessman who couldn't care less about helping the newly dead. Chaos ensues and brings out the worst in Daisy and Mason who begin drinking anew. George and Reggie reconnect for the first time when George reaps a new friend of Reggie's." I can't wait for the official description to be released since we'll finally get some new info about the plot to chew on.

Cast members include: Ellen Muth as George, Callum Blue as Mason, Jasmine Guy as Roxy, Christine Willes as Delores, Sarah Wynter as Daisy (Laura Harris wasn't available since she was working on Womens' Murder Club), Henry Ian Cusick as Cameron Kane the new head reaper, Cynthia Stevenson as Joy, Britt McKillip as Reggie, Crystal Dahl as Crystal, Jordan Hudyma as Hudson and many more. In case you've missed the news over the summer, Mandy Patinkin is not reprising his role in the movie.

The movie was shot in Montreal, Canada, over the summer. IMDb lists January 1, 2008 as the release in Canada. However, I doubt it's accurate since last we heard, they were looking to release it during the summer.

I'll keep you posted when the official DVD art work and more information about the movie are released.

marge messina

I loved this show. I found this blog accidentally and did not know of the forthcoming movie. Will miss Patimkin, tho. Can hardly wait. How will I know when it's available?

January 18 2008 at 7:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
M

Ellen Muth told us about this on her MySpace 3 months ago. So yeah... Anyways, I'm sure she's up for answering questions from you guys if you have any. She's active on her official website too.

November 16 2007 at 4:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe

I'm glad I'm not the only person amused by the 'Warner swap' they pulled. I was a little disappointed when I saw Laura Harris over on WMC, as I knew this was coming up and it seems I was right in assuming she wouldn't take part. Drat.

November 15 2007 at 10:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

I was thinking the same thing Midnight. I finished 11 episodes of Wonderfalls in 2 days and I want a movie. It is one of my favorite shows ever.

DLM doesn't need a movie, more so with all the changes it has done.

November 15 2007 at 3:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
divineparasite

Great, now we just need a "Wonderfalls" movie. I'd love to see that since I was just a fan of (mini) series. After the final episode of "Wonderfalls", (on the DVD) I just felt so bummed that there would be no more of this great series.

November 15 2007 at 2:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rick cokely

My partner and I got into this when they had a marathon on Sci-Fi. We rented the entire series and really are looking forward to this movie. I wish that they would have replaced Daisy (They replaced Betty, so why not?!). Other than that I'm glad to see Ellen Muth back in the spotlight, she's a great actress because not only is she cute but she's smart.

November 15 2007 at 1:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marggy

I still can't believe Laura Harris isn't in this movie. It's just so depressing. And replaced by Sarah Wynter? What a downgrade.

November 15 2007 at 1:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jackie

I have to say I never knew about the show until I watched back to back episodes on SciFi one weekend. I was hooked and then realized it was a show from 2003 and wasn't on anymore. I fell in love with it. I wished it would come back but at least there will be a movie to enjoy. Can't wait to see it!!

November 15 2007 at 12:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tcc3

So we traded one Warner sister for another? (24 S2) I don't know that thats going to work.

November 15 2007 at 11:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jack

It's Henry Ian CUSICK, not to nag.

November 15 2007 at 10:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply