October 23, 2014

Celebrity Apprentice cast announced

by Bob Sassone, posted Nov 19th 2007 3:39PM

Donald TrumpI didn't expect Tom Cruise or Julia Roberts or even Teri Hatcher to sign up for this, but since when is Omarosa a "celebrity?" She's known for...um...The Apprentice!

And now she's going to compete on NBC's Celebrity Apprentice along with Marilu Henner, Carol Alt, softball player Jennie Finch, and America's Got Talent judge Piers Morgan. I think they were either going to do Celebrity Apprentice on a late night informercial or a cable reality show.

To be fair, there are some good names here, including Vincent Pastore and Gene Simmons, but overall the cast really leaves me cold. Not that I'm a regular viewer of The Apprentice (the first season interesting, and I watched the Martha Stewart version, and then...), but I would have definitely tuned in to this if they had gotten some more interesting celebs. But what do I know. This will probably be a massive hit.

brad

The"Donald" is a "DIPSTICK" get out of the so-called limelight go back to selling houses you jerk

February 02 2008 at 10:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steve

Was avid watcher and gained some good ideas on working a team but judging from the new cast, I think they should look to me for ideas - no way I will watch. And what is this thing about amorosa - sounds like an Italian sandwich.

January 22 2008 at 4:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debbie

Trump has saved this show! The idea of celebrities is brilliant! Who knew? And the charities are just the icing on the cake. Gene Simmons is amazing. That's a guy who says (and does) all the right things. Baldwin is a wonder. Marilu looks like she could win it all. Omerosa adds the spice. Can't wait to see what's next.

January 14 2008 at 7:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GDubya

If last year's idiotic "make the losing team live outdoors in tents" idea severely wounded this franchise, this new incarnation should deal the fatal blow. OK, so we get a few well-known and a lot more not-so-much celebrities. So what will the Windbag (er...the Donald) have them do? Well, the fact that all these folks presumably make their livings doing something other than business inevitably means it will be more about their personalities and eccentricities than business. With the very first task we see the problem that is sure to dog, and probably sink, the entire series: The entire actual sales task (hot dogs here) was just completely nullified when it simply became a show-me-up for whose friends could donate the most ridiculous sum for a crappy hot dog (I think that figure was 10 grand). Uggh. Heartburn for everyone! Then Donald has the nerve to fire the Playboy Bunny for NOT stooping to pumping Hef for big $.

January 06 2008 at 12:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
darrellp

Gene Williams is one of your favorites? Last time I heard him was on "Fresh Air" where he displayed only how hyperinflated an over the hill rock singer's ego can get. Watching a knuckle dragging neanderthal like him declare his superior humanity over the others is more than enough reason for me to avoid the show at all cost. Maybe that's what the rest of the American public is looking for, but I am hoping that public taste is larger than the miniscule size required to give a thorough drubbing to a show like this.

January 04 2008 at 3:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
green eyes

I have watched only part of the season that Omerosa was on.I just had to quit. I can't stand her. She is not a star Donald. I was interested in the Celebrity part, but now I will not be part of your audience. You are Fired Mr Trump from my line up of new shows to watch.

December 27 2007 at 1:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jacob

This show is going to suck. Just like was mentioned in the article, Omarosa is not a celebrity - she is a poor little rich kid that sucks up to Trump and because the producers could not get anyone else on the show they opted to bring her back on. This show is not Celebrity Apprentice - it is Crap, find some people to deal with Donald's bad hair and business practices for three months Apprentice. This show is doomed to fail.

December 07 2007 at 5:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

I think this flop and The Donald will only have himself to blame. Talk about beating a dead horse. Trump is a great business man, but he should have taken his success with the first Apprentice and been happy with it. And Gene Simmons! Shit, the guys already a rich man AND he's got his own tv show! He must be out of his mind.

November 20 2007 at 4:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Whitecat

This is still a great show. Are you guys serious? You actually thought they would have bigger names? Brad Pitt? George Clooney? Johnny Depp?

This is still a fun show, and the celebrities are bigger names than most other so-called celebrity shows.

November 19 2007 at 8:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply