August 20, 2014

Emeril Lagasse out at Food Network

by Bob Sassone, posted Nov 26th 2007 2:23PM

EmerilFishbowl New York is reporting that negotiations between celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse and Food Network have gotten nowhere and he won't be returning to the cable channel. The last day of taping for his show is December 11, though reruns will continue on the network, probably forever.

First Sara Moulton, then Mario Batali, now Emeril. I can't say I'll be sorry to see him go though. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but his Emeril Live show is unwatchable. I mean, come on, a live studio audience and a band? That's just ridiculous. The audience has orgasms every time he mentions that he's going to put garlic into a recipe, and applauds when he adds alcohol. And his "oh yeah, babe" is even more annoying than his "bam!" I'm sure he'll pop up on TV some place else.

Who will be next to go? Alton Brown? Sandra Lee? Bobby Flay? Nah, I say all of those people stay on for a long time.

Update: Food Network e-mailed Serious Eats to say that only Emeril Live is ending. Lagasse will continue to do the audience and band-free Essence of Emeril on the network.

tillie

Your comments were really unfounded. Some of us who live overseas and can only get emeril on the AFN really looked forwrd to watching his program. He had a little music, a little laughter, a little wine, and a little family. So what is wrong with a little music, a little laughter, a little wine, a little family, and a little food. Mix that all together and you have Emeril. When he would add garlic and people ahhed, I knew that he was going to make something better than I ever could. When he went "Bam," I knew that whatever it was, was going to be good. My children and I could watch it together. From someone who comes from a family of cookers, who can't boil water, he made me feel comfortable when I made a mistake. I personally will miss his "Bam," "Oh yeah babe," and "You could put this on a bumper and it would taste good." I have tried many of his recipes, and miss his program tremendously. Someone really made some dumb moves getting rid of him.
FireDiamond

July 13 2012 at 11:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rod

i dont know the guy or girl fishbowl but i like the show and he is a good cook he will be back

October 21 2011 at 9:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

food network is losing them all.. by the way whatever happenened to flay and that hick cook.... I think it was called grillin' and chillin' it was hilarious.. The goober would make flay look sooooooo uncomfortable!!!

February 19 2008 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GLENN MORTON

It is my opinion that Emeril and his "bam and another notch" are not nearly as irritating as Rachel Ray's, "EVOO and sammies." I suppose if one wanted one could fine some thing iirritating about everyone. I love Emeril and will follow him where ever he goes. He is the only reason I ever watched Food Network in the first place. Puts me in mind of Justin Wilson, another legend in cooking. Besides Paula Dean there's nothing really nothing else for the more settled in crowd. Sorry to hear Mario is gone too. A pity the younger generation won't get the benefits of the more seasoned and experienced chefs, but change is always inevitable. Emeril you will be missed. Sorry to see you go.

January 09 2008 at 7:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michelle

I can't believe they got rid of Emeril. I guess I won't be watching the food network anymore. I loved to watch Emeril. My 2 girls who are ages 6 and 4 they liked to watch Emeril also. Good bye foodnet work.

January 08 2008 at 9:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda

I agree with Lori. Emeril made the food network. He has always put on a classy show. The network is not wise to put all their eggs in one basket.

January 08 2008 at 7:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fuzzy

So i guest we will have more shows making towns out of rice crispys. You want youger viwers,my son is 8yrs old he watches Emeril Live
3or4 times a week. He probability know how to cook better than some adults. And unlike that "Guy" guy you have on, he know how to comb this hair....Bob Sassone get your head out
of the oven!!!

January 08 2008 at 7:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
toni

i like emeril's show he did make the food network..Why dont they get rid of that ace of cakes, that is just bad. hope they dont get rid of paula next.

January 08 2008 at 6:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jon Haddon

I think Emeril was a true pioneer. His cook books are terrific, his enthusiasm contagious, and his skills considerable. I agree that the same cliches become a bit wearing, but his love and understanding of food has inspired countless people to be seriously interested in cooking.

Jon