November 1, 2014

Journeyman will probably end in December or January

by Bob Sassone, posted Nov 26th 2007 11:24AM

JourneymanThis news is sure to upset fans of the NBC show Journeyman: the show will probably end with the 12th episode.

And just so you know this isn't a guess, this word comes straight from Kevin Falls, creator of the show. He says that because of the show's so-so ratings, and the fact that it doesn't look like the writers strike is going to end anytime soon, that episode will probably be the last one for the series. If it's any consolation for fans, Falls says that the episode does work as sort of a series finale and does answer a lot of questions. Though I would guess that those answers won't be enough for hardcore fans. It also leaves an opening for a second sesaon if that were to occur.

The 12th episode will air either at the end of December or early January.

Rick

That's a shame NBC cancelled a well written show like Journeyman! What NBC should do is either pass it to one of their cable channels or sell it to another cable network so their viewers can still enjoy fresh episodes. Its been done before. Remember Fox's show, Sliders? It went to the Scifi channel and more recently ABC's Monday Night Football took the road to ESPN.

January 13 2008 at 9:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tonya Sevier

Journeyman is the only reason I even tune in to NBC. Why do the best shows always get canceled? This is sad news. This is the only show that has captured my attention since X-File and Millenium.

January 06 2008 at 11:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa in Tampa

If you love Journeyman like we do, here's your chance to make a statement to NBC and SAVE THIS TERRIFIC SHOW!!!

Read the article about our Rice-A-Roni-Save-Journeyman campaign:

(The show Journeyman is set in San Francisco.)

Here are several different things YOU can do to help!

EASY:
Send a box or two of Rice-A-Roni with a note that says, "Save Journeyman" to:
Jeff Zucker c/o NBC
Re: Journeyman
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112

With a click of a button, you can even order boxes of Rice-A-Roni from www.Amazon.com or http://shop.netgrocer.com/ and have them sent directly to NBC! Send to the same address above.

Don't forget to put "SAVE JOURNEYMAN" in the subject line!

(My BF and I sent 24 boxes earlier today! LOL.)

EASIER:
Copy my email and post it on some message boards to get the word out about this SAVE JOURNEYMAN campaign!

EASIEST::
Sign some petitions!
or

EASIEST SCHMEASIEST:
Send this e-mail to everyone you know!

More info about saving Journeyman here:

SAVE JOURNEYMAN! SAVE JOURNEYMAN!

January 02 2008 at 10:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Teisha

My goodness.
Journeyman was the only thing I liked about NBC.
Ever since it began I awaited the day of the next episode.
I will be so outraged if they decide to cancel the show.
The only reason some people didn't like the show was because they didn't understand.
This was my favorite show.
I really want this to stay on air and have a second season.
This is the greatest show EVER.
NBC DON'T CANCEL!!

December 27 2007 at 11:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ed

Im sick of TV. First Jericho now Journeyman. Not sure what type of people we ahve in this country when crappy reality shows like Dancing with the Stars,Survivor,To name a few are still on and great shows like Journeyman are axed. I live a real life,kids,wife ,job,bills, dont need to see so called reality on TV I go there top get away from it all open up my imagination. Whats next reality movies at my local theatre. Thats it, ive had it whith new shows. Next year im not getting sucked in. Journeyman great show. RIP.

December 22 2007 at 12:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
steve

I just found out tonight about the cancellation of Journeyman after watching the show from my DVR. I wonder if studio execs take that into consideration when deciding which shows to cancel. I really don't watch any other network show but I found Journeyman compelling and well written much like Studio 60 and Black Donnellys. What intelligent television are we left with? I'm not into CSI (no offense to fans) and I hate reality T.V. I'm absolutely gutted about the show, so much so that this is the first time I've ever posted anything on a website.

December 21 2007 at 3:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff

You show me the guy who decided to cancel this show and I will show you a complete moron.

They should play the reruns on other days during the writer's strike to get more people to see it.

December 19 2007 at 1:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ken

How about a movement to get the SciFi network to pick up this great show. Seems like the obvious choice for it and like Battlestar it will find a loyal following

December 18 2007 at 4:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff Gagnon

Journeyman is an EXCELLENT new show that is exciting, action packed and keeps the viewer on the edge of their seat. I've recommended the show to several friends and family members and they all LOVE it!

If NBC cancels Journeyman, I'm canceling NBC! Years ago, I never changed the channel from NBC -- today, the only shows I consistently watch are Journeyman and the Today show from 7am to 8am. It's ironic, NBC finally comes up with a show that pulls me back into their prime-time viewing, and they consider canceling it prior to the first season finale!

Something obviously needs to be canceled at NBC but it's not Journeyman!!!

December 18 2007 at 9:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BB

Don't know if these links have been posted here or not.

Save Journeyman petition (deadline for signing Dec. 19th):

Rice-A-Roni Campaign info:

At the very least, these efforts couldn't hurt. And in the case of the Rice-A-Roni, fans are suggesting to NBC that the food go to charity - so a good cause.

December 16 2007 at 6:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply