November 26, 2014

Save Tucker Carlson!

by Bob Sassone, posted Nov 26th 2007 12:22PM

savetucker.org logo

Devoted TV fans are famous for getting together to try and save their favorite show. Jericho fans sent tons of nuts to CBS, and Arrested Development fans created online petitions and web sites (as fans of other cancelled shows have done). Now fans of MSNBC's Tucker Carlson have set up the web site SaveTucker.org in order to get the cable news channel to change their mind about canceling his evening show. OK, they haven't actually come out and said that he's gone, but it doesn't look good. Carlson himself recently hinted at his show's low ratings on the air, which didn't please the execs at MSNBC.

I've never found Tucker Carlson to be that great of a host. Besides, isn't he too busy appearing on dancing celebrity shows and game shows? It will be interesting to see what the fans do to save his show. Maybe send bowties to MSNBC? Does he still wear bowties?

sitruc

Rule of Thumb: Never trust a man who wears a bowtie

I don't care if he doesn't wear them anymore. It's all about the principles.

November 28 2007 at 1:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TomB

I'm a left-leaning democrat and I tie my tie with a Windsor, but I really liked Tucker on CNN's Crossfire and his PBS show.

Never really liked his show on MSNBC, though.

November 26 2007 at 7:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary

nah, he stopped wearing the bowties.

who knew there was so much tucker hate out there?

November 26 2007 at 6:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Richie

I know how Carlson could boost up his ratings - have Jon Stewart come onto his show and have him completely decimate the fabric of his show to the core. It worked for Crossfire. After all, the Jon Stewart episode of Crossfire is the most highly-viewed by far.

What's that you say? Crossfire got canceled because of Stewart? ...Well, at least Carlson will enjoy a small period of highly undeserved fame again.

November 26 2007 at 4:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bas

Why was he ever given a show in the first place?

November 26 2007 at 4:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Borat

Cancel Tucker. That guy is such a douche. Get him off of TV alongwith John Stossel and everybody in FOX News. And probably CNN. And most of MSNBC.

I hate network "news".

November 26 2007 at 3:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wes

I second (or is it fourth, of fifth by now) the motion to start a "Fire Tucker" site to counter the "Save Tucker" one.

November 26 2007 at 2:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

MSNBC just started to be a news channel, now they do this. Who will they replace him with? Dan Abrams? Rosie the Bitch?

November 26 2007 at 1:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paul

Taking Strombo would be a smart move for MSNBC, but I hope that would never happen (and frankly, I doubt George is even on their radar). He belongs on CBC.

"The Hour" is certainly leaps and bounds beyond anything Tucker Carlson has ever done, which was proven when they appeared on each other's shows last year -- both appearances showing George to be thoughtful and intelligent, and Tucker to be exactly what chrisb said: a douche.

November 26 2007 at 1:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rick cokely

Where is the "Cancel Tucker" website? I'd like to add my name to that list.

November 26 2007 at 1:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply