July 22, 2014

NBC gives full seasons to Life and Chuck

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Nov 27th 2007 7:32AM
LifeGeeks and fruit lovers rejoice, NBC just announced that it is ordering an extra nine episodes of two of its new series: Chuck and Life. What that means is that both series will have a complete first season of 22 episodes each!

About 8 million viewers tune in weekly to watch geek-turned-secret-agent Chuck Bartowski solve crimes with his two handlers and to witness Detective Crews solve cases after sering time in prison for a crime he didn't commit.

"Both shows are hitting their stride creatively, have developed loyal audiences and offer unlimited potential to grow throughout the season," said Ben Silverman, Co-Chairman of NBC Entertainment and Universal Media Studios, when he made the announcement today. Being a fan of Chuck and having enjoyed a few episodes of Life, I can't help but jump up and down by this news. Of course, some NBC viewers will not join me in the celebration since NBC didn't announce that Bionic Woman was also getting a complete season...

Chuck airs on Mondays and Life airs on Wednesdays on NBC.

Bcipi

Yah! So glad to see that Life is here to stay!! Haven't seen such a great show like that in a long time!! If NBC and Hollywood was smart they would pay more attention to these 2 AWESOME actors - "Crews and Reese" (not sure on real names - Damian and ??) LOVE IT!!!!!!! Havent watched Chuck - is it good??

December 04 2007 at 12:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rick

Life is an awesome show!!

November 28 2007 at 6:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mrkorb

If NBC wants me to keep the TV on Mondays past 10, they'll renew Journeyman, not stick Life in it's spot (which AICN claimed would be the scheduling rearrangement). I already don't watch TV on Wednesdays, and now it seems I'll be watching less of it on Mondays too.

November 27 2007 at 6:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Go-Kart

Of the four NBC shows mentioned by the commenters so far (Journeyman, Chuck, BW, Life), my two cents is that Life is the most deserving for a full season run.

Having watched almost every episode of all four debut series, Life has consistently offered engaging character development, very smart dialogue, and wickedly good storytelling. Each episode's editing is clean and lean, moving the plot briskly with dramatic urgency. And the cast is outstanding.

By far, the biggest disappointment has been Bionic Woman, whose pre-season hype and anticipation seems so unwarranted now. Is there a better example this season of horrible casting outside of BW's lead protag? I'll be glad to see it go... along with its dumb stories, dumb characters, etc.

If one had to choose 2 out of these 4 aforementioned shows, then NBC execs and the audience (by way of ratings) have chosen well. WayToGo, NBC and its viewers.

November 27 2007 at 5:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
D-Bo

I'm very glad to hear Life will continue after the rumors it was going to be dropped.

+1 on Damian Lewis and his work on BoB

November 27 2007 at 4:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
George McBain

I am glad for Life/Lewis ... Lewis' portrayal of Major Winters in BoB has made me a fan of his, but I have cut down two three shows I watch regularly during a season due to other pursuits so I haven't gotten a chance to see the show yet. I plan on buying the DVD when it comes out and evaluating if I will start watching it as a regular show.

November 27 2007 at 4:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mc

Why are you guys attacking Bionic Woman? It's the writer who is not doing a good job. If you guys give Bionic Woman a change, this show will turn out okay.
All the viewers are comparing this new Bionic Woman to the 70's show. And you guys watch BW if Katee is in it.
NBC..please do not cancel the Bionic Woman. I think Life shouldn't get the full season.

November 27 2007 at 2:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Woo!!! Best news all day - Life! yay!

November 27 2007 at 2:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
iamhoff

Excellent! Two of my favorite new shows. Now we just have to see how long the strike drags on...

November 27 2007 at 12:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Justin

Finally! A show I like gets picked up! And on NBC, the channel that is happy to cancel stuff I like (Kidnapped and Studio 60 come to mind). Perhaps they realize to cultivate an audience, you have to give people a chance to see where things go.

November 27 2007 at 11:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply