September 1, 2014

Journeyman's 12th episode will air after all

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Nov 29th 2007 12:41PM
JourneymanAin't It Cool News reveals that Journeyman's 12th episode (that is if you count the pilot as 1.00 and not 1.01) will air after all. If you've been following the show's behind-the-scenes drama, you know that there are talks of cancellation due to so-so ratings, and that this twelfth episode could very well be the series' final episode (13 episodes were ordered at first; NBC later ordered three more scripts but, because of the strike, episode 12 (episode 13 for us fans) was the last one completed).

The show's creator, Kevin Falls, informed AICN that NBC decided to air said episode at a special time and day, Wednesday, December 19 at 10 p.m. Supposedly, the decision to air that last episode was based on the passion showed by the fans via SaveJourneyman.net, an online petition to save the show.

Here is the upcoming schedule for the show (using production numbering, meaning that the pilot is 1.00):
  • Monday, December 10: Episode 1.10, "Home by Another Way."
  • Monday, December 17: Episode 1.11, "The Hanged Man."
  • Wednesday, December 19: Episode 1.12, "Perfidia."
Falls ends his message by reminding fans that NBC is listening to them and that the show needs fan support to survive and get a full season. Maybe Journeyman can be as lucky as Jericho and get more episodes ordered, thanks to fans' protest and petitions?

Joe

I really only got into this show because there was no thing on after Heroes. But after seeing it I have become a fan of the show. I hate that the show is most likely going to get canceled. Almost every show I start to like gets pulled. Be it Invasion, Knights of prosperity, Surface & Traveler. I even watched the Nine because I wanted to see what took the time slot of Invasion. I was not the biggest fan of that show but still wanted to see what it was about. Plus another show I watched was Daybreak. I am not sure of her name but the one lady was who is in Journey Man was also in Daybreak. I bet that does not feel good being in shows that get caned.

All I can hope is that there will be some way Journey Man can say on.

November 29 2007 at 10:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dorv

Yeah, it didn't put a dent in Veronica Mars when the same thing was tried last season.

November 29 2007 at 4:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dennis

Television Without Pity and us over at Groundlings-Review have come up with a plan to try to send a message to NBC that there is a large audience for Journeyman.

The plan is on this Monday, December 3rd, to download the episode "Blowback" from iTunes and to watch as many episodes of Journeyman as possible on NBC.com. The hope is that if we can cause enough of a spike in their stats, that might make an impression that there is a large audience for this great show.

The reason we've chosen Monday is because Life is showing in Journeyman's place on that day so we thought it would be a good time to send a message.

link:

If you're up for it, please spread the word too!

Thanks!
Dennis
(groundlings-review.com)

November 29 2007 at 2:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Dennis's comment
Akbar Fazil

sounds like a good idea, but I really wonder if it will do anygood. Ratings from nielsen seem to be all execs care about these days. Itunes and .com traffic wont get them much.

November 29 2007 at 2:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dennis

The message that I'm hoping this will send is that there is an audience out there. that's why I'm thinking that if it's an impressive number, the studio might take notice.

November 29 2007 at 3:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danny Edwards

Counting the pilot, 10 episodes have already aired. This will make 13 episodes total.

November 29 2007 at 2:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Danny Edwards's comment
Akbar Fazil

You are correct, this will be 13 episodes.

Isabelle Carreau your list above is missing episode 107: Double Down. Shame on Futon. Please correct the article (and AICN mistake) on this.

November 29 2007 at 2:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Isabelle Carreau

Corrected list:

101 - Pilot
102 - Friednly Skies
103 - Game Three
104 - The Year of the Rabbit
105 - The Legend of Dylan McLean
106 - Keepers
107 - Double Down
108 - Winterland
109 - Emily
110 - Blowback
111 - Home by Another Way (Airing December 10)
112 - The Hanged Man (Airing December 17)
113 - Perfidia (Airing December 19)

I think we (AICN and myself) forgot to count the pilot when saying "episode 12". Thing is production counts the pilot as 100 and not 101. So the production number for episode "Perfidia" is 112. What I call as "fan numbering" counts the pilot as 101, meaning that indeed 13 episodes will have aired.

I'll tweak the article. Thanks for all the help.

November 29 2007 at 3:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Caroleann

Please tell me this is not happening again. A worthwhile show is being cancelled. Who is watching TV these days anyway? I watch very few shows as they are not worth my time, but Journeyman has kept my interest and is one of the few storylines that don't bore me to death.

November 29 2007 at 2:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
malren

Here's the thing; All strike mess aside, I am absolutely and entirely fed up with watching serial one hour dramas that get canceled after a half season. I'm literally angry over the idea, I'm so sick of getting hooked on a great show only to see it get canceled because it's not winning its timeslot from the very first week it airs.

I'm not watching ANYTHING new next season. Nothing. I will not even Tivo anything new. If a show makes it past the first season, maybe I'll give it a try, but I'm finished. The networks have beaten me down.

November 29 2007 at 1:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to malren's comment
C. Hernandez

The problem with that philosophy is that if everyone waits for the DVD, nothing will survive. And I know that doesn't seem true either because really the only TV-watch that's counted are the Nielson's, but online viewership and iTunes (though, admittedly not for NBC/Universal, anymore) are being watched by studios and beancounters like mad -- hence all the striking.

November 29 2007 at 2:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chuck

I started off not liking this show too much, but I stuck with it and have grown to look forward to it. It's not my favorite show out there, but it's a good show with a lot more depth and thougth than most everything else out there. I will be sad if it is canceled (but, since most good shows go that way lately, I won't be surprised).

November 29 2007 at 1:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

The show never got three more episodes ordered, they ordered 3 more scripts. That is a HUGE difference that people here, who write about TV, should really understand. More so because this isn't the first time this has happened.

November 29 2007 at 1:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Oreo's comment
Isabelle Carreau

You are right it's scripts that were ordered not episodes. It doesn't mean they would have ever been shot and aired. I'll correct my post.

November 29 2007 at 1:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Heltsley

WOOT!

Best news I've had all day!

November 29 2007 at 1:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Erik Sagen

I happen to enjoy this show, especially since this season of Heroes has been kind of lackluster and would be saddened if it were canceled.

That said, it's not a perfect show by any means but each episode keeps getting better and better.

There's a mysteriousness, which seems to be hanging, about why Dan is involuntarily traveling through time and his frequent run-ins with his ex-girlfriend. These along side other plot threads are intriguing.

It's a watchable show and one my wife and I look forward to so let's hope it hangs on awhile longer.

November 29 2007 at 1:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply