April 23, 2014

NBC getting more real in the new year

by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 30th 2007 1:41PM

Hogan Knows BestNBC unveiled its schedule for the new year and, with scripted episodes becoming scarce, it is predictably heavier on the reality side. Joining existing shows Deal or No Deal and The Singing Bee are the returning 1 vs. 100, The Biggest Loser and The Apprentice. Returning after almost fifteen years, wrestling legend Hulk Hogan hosts American Gladiators. In it, eight "gladiators" face competition from everyday joes like you and me in a variety of physical challenges. Of course, when I say "like you and me" I mean you. Me they'd snap in half but I got a good feeling about you. I think you can take 'em. Now get in there, tiger!

American Gladiators premieres Sunday January 6th before taking over the "I-just-got-picked-up-for-a-full-season- but-who's-going-to-write-my-additional-episodes" Chuck time slot on Mondays 8/7 Central. In a similar vein, the scripted mid-season Cashmere Maf-- I mean, Lipstick Jungle is now being given the coveted ER slot once that show runs out of episodes. Sorry about that, the show names really have nothing in common.

And once all the shows run out of new episodes, we here at TV Squad are going to start blogging about transvestite valets. You know, so we don't have to change the name of the site.

wwegreat

To no wonder everyone might have known about WWE.To know more about wwf wrestling,wrestling matches,wrestling legends,body fitness, wrestling legend's biographies,13 yrs old talk shows,usage of wrestling mats and many more,just go into wwegreat.com.

February 22 2008 at 6:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jay

I just hope bringing back AG will set a new standard for reviving game shows :praysforlegendsofthehiddentemple::

November 30 2007 at 9:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kenban

I used to enjoy American Gladiators but from what I have read so far its more about the stories of the contestants and less about the actual challenges. I am going to give it a shot but I suspect at best the fast forward button is going to get a lot of use.

November 30 2007 at 4:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott

Jason, the fact that Oreo hates your jokes but loves "American Gladiators" tells me everything I need to know about his taste.

November 30 2007 at 3:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eager

Please bring back scripted TV. Stupid reality shows (I only like survivor)

November 30 2007 at 3:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Edd

The networks are losing us...

Seriously, this strike will impact on them more thna they've realised.

November 30 2007 at 2:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff N.

Thsi winter's TV schedule is going to be awful. I hope the public rejects all the new reality shows.

November 30 2007 at 2:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
popbuzz

Thanks Oreo! You're awesome, too!

j/h

November 30 2007 at 2:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Secret Asian Man

God, I miss American Gladiators.

November 30 2007 at 2:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

Your jokes are terrible. I would say "don't quit your day job", but if jokes that bad keep happening them maybe you should.

Anyways American Gladiators!!! All right!

November 30 2007 at 1:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply