October 24, 2014

Tonight's must-see TV: Bill O'Reilly debates ALF! - VIDEO

by Bob Sassone, posted Nov 30th 2007 2:41PM

ALFAt first I thought this was just a funny little mashup (is that what the kids call it?) someone did, a "wouldn't it be funny if ALF appeared on The O'Reilly Factor" thing, but it's true! Tonight at 8PM on Fox News, ALF will debate Bill O'Reilly! The No-Spin King is even plugging the appearance on his web site.

I have no idea what the two are going to talk about. Iraq? Immigration? The Presidential election? Cats? I guess the only question is whether ALF is a Democrat or a Republican. I'm guessing Libertarian. You would think that O'Reilly wouldn't leave himself open to ridicule with stuff like this, since he likes to position his show as serious investigative journalism. But this should be fun. I laugh everytime I just hear ALF's voice, and hearing him say to O'Reilly "get a grip on reality!" is priceless.

Something tells me Keith Olbermann is not going to let this pass. A video teaser after the jump!

Joey Geraci

You can't make up this shit.

The normal O'Reilly interview is much funnier than anything his producers could orchestrate in an attempt to be genuinely funny.

December 01 2007 at 3:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chestermcjester

There's gotta be a "Yo Willy!" in this debate, right?

November 30 2007 at 4:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DeadCat

What a silly publicity stunt, but that's all it is: silly.

You guys plus Bob-O should get together to discuss this and have yourselves a nice, little liberal circle jerk. I'm sure you're all very, very experienced in that activity.

I can hear it now, "Reach around, anyone?" ROFLMAO

November 30 2007 at 3:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to DeadCat's comment
Brent McKee

I do love the ultra-intelligent comments that come from the right wingers in our midst. Deadcat is obviously one of the smartest of them.

November 30 2007 at 6:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will Teullive

It's embarrassing seeing a goofy, hairy, obnoxious, has- been debating real issues on primetime TV....Good thing ALF was there to lend some credibility to the whole thing!

Will Teullive

November 30 2007 at 3:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
edgore

Probably immigration, since ALF is an illegal alien. No doubt at some point Bill will advocate building a space fence as a solution to the problem.

November 30 2007 at 3:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

This is a new low. Not for O'Rielly but for Alf.

November 30 2007 at 2:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

Once Asshole's ratings fall some more do you think they could give the timeslot to ALF? That would be a huge hit.

November 30 2007 at 2:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply