July 25, 2014

Stump the King - Jennifer Love Hewitt

by Paul Goebel, posted Dec 3rd 2007 9:26AM

Jennifer Love HewittIn case you haven't heard, new pictures of Jennifer Love Hewitt in a bikini have surfaced on the internet. In case you haven't seen them, I'll tell you that there is nothing particularly scandalous about the shots.

There is no nudity, accidental or otherwise. She's not eating a sloppy hamburger or doing anything else "unladylike." Truthfully, the only reason these pictures are getting any notice at all is because they reveal Ms. Hewitt's "curvy, cellulite-ridden physique."

Normally, I wouldn't give this kind of non-event the time of day but I bring it up not because of the pictures themselves but because of Ms. Hewitt's reaction to them.

While most female celebrities are ignoring these kind of photos. JLH shot back at her detractors saying, " I've sat by in silence for a long time now about the way women's bodies are constantly scrutinized. To set the record straight, I'm not upset for me, but for all of the girls out there that are struggling with their body image. A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful."

Like Tyra Banks, before her, JLH has taken the world one baby step closer to understanding that real-life beauty is never perfect. As a father of two young girls, I appreciate her comments and as a typical American male, I appreciate the pictures.

Now for this week's question...

Which actress played Jennifer Love Hewitt's birth mother on Party of Five?

Congratulationns Michele. Patricia Heaton is correct.

Lauren

I'm a nationally certified massage therapist, and I've seen a lot of cellulite. When I say "a lot", I mean I can only recall two women I've massaged in the last four years who did NOT have cellulite on her thighs.

It's a fact of life. A miniscule percentage of the female population is going to be cellulite-free past the age of 18.

Good for JLH for defending her curves.

December 06 2007 at 10:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debbie

It is refreshing to see an Actress enjoying herself with no make-up and NOT worried about her body. I love glamour and fashion but Jennifer is not fat, and it's sad that people think so!!!!!!!

December 04 2007 at 4:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Renee

Celebrities have cellulite too. The amount that JLH has is small and really not unattractive. What it really emphasizes is that the ads we see are airbrushed and photoshopped.
Still, many women have lots of cellulite and much of it is a result of lifestyle habits. I have a website that is over 2 years old where I review every method to reduce cellulite. It's called: http://www.CelluliteTips.com
I have interviewed doctors and directors at medical spas and used my own knowledge as an Exercise Physiologist to teach women how to improve and love their bodies.
JLH is happy with her new curves and that is really all that is important.

December 03 2007 at 9:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
divineparasite

I'm on Hewitt's side. First off I just don't support the papparazzi and have long criticized that type of job. Its not reporting, they want to catch the celebrities looking not at thier best. Because who in thier right mind always wears make-up and always wears Armani? (Paris, you don't count, you're not a celebrity in my eyes). Secondly Hewitt has always had curves, from the time she was on "Party of Five" back when she was 19. She's 28 now! And unless she starved herself there's no way she'd be the same weight. She's still going to look good on screen, and as a fan of hers shouldn't that be our main concern? Not what she looks like when she's with her family on vacation?

December 03 2007 at 2:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
YouFaceTheTick

I thought she might be pregnant because she's much, much bigger than a size two in those pics. One thing, Hewitt's a small girl, so where larger women can carry an extra 10 lbs, you put that much on someone who is 5-1 and it shows. At her tiny height, the sizing goes up much faster too. I'd peg her above a size 4. Still a cute girl but certainly no longer a waif.

December 03 2007 at 11:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tom

I don’t have a problem with the pictures or with her response to the pictures but I do have to object to your comments here. Making your money off objectifying yourself to the point of allowing your body to be digitally altered to make yourself look in a way that doesn’t really exist and then crying foul when someone takes a “real” picture of you is hardly heroic.

I accept the fact that magazines digitally touch up cover girls because that’s just the way the world is but there’s no doubt that women like JLH have done more damage to your two young girls than her statement had done good.

If she’d come out before the pictures and said something like this or done something like refusing to be digitally altered that would be heroic. This is just damage control…

December 03 2007 at 10:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply