July 25, 2014

The Bones kiss you didn't get to see - VIDEO

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Dec 5th 2007 9:41AM
BonesAll fans of the FOX series Bones know what kiss I'm talking about because we had been waiting for it for 2 and a half years! Brennan and Booth finally kissed (thanks to some meddling from Caroline Julian) during last week's episode.

In his review of the episode, Richard said "The kiss was performed under duress and a bit of blackmail due to the puckish nature of Caroline Julian. So, it wasn't as intense as you would think their eventual first kiss would be." Well, Richard and all Bones fans out there, thanks to the magic of YouTube (and a tip on Ask Ausiello), we can now all enjoy a more intense kiss that lasts way longer than ten steamboats!

The sound of the video is not that great but it's not important because it's the kiss we want to see! It's a behind-the-scene look at the actors prepping for the kiss and then doing it. The show's editors probably thought this take of the kiss was too intense for an impersonal first kiss (mistletoe, Caroline watching) and went for the shorter one that aired during the episode.

Anna

Keep the aired kiss, it would be a shame for them to get together, remember how it ruined Moonlighting when Maddie and David got together. I know everyone wants to see these two get together but it'll spoil the relationship between them!

January 31 2008 at 3:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Irene

I agree, at first I was a little upset at the kiss and deep down inside my Bones heart :) wanted a "jucier" kiss but soon realized it was actually a good kiss in a sweet way because it leaves us to hope for more and what fun would that be anyway if they just went for it and slobbered all over eachother, it would ruin the kill!, and that's true, it was a closed mouth kiss how the heck did they swap gum? maybe when the camera turned to caroline? hmmm I need a life :)

December 08 2007 at 12:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ria

I think the kiss that aired was fine. Their first kiss had to be awkward and short. Bones and Booth don't want to admit that they have feelings for each other, so they held back (in the one that aired).

As hot as that youtube clip was, it's best that they did not show that one, because it wouldn't have been realistic... Its more realistic for those two characters to not put a lot of energy into their first kiss, because they're both hiding the fact that they really do LIKE each other. Neither one wants to admit the truth so they'll continue to act like they don't really have feelings for each other, even though they do.

December 05 2007 at 8:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Ria's comment
rasoa

I think u're right. The kiss in the show is more like the characters, the other [hidden ) one just look like real kiss between two people (not actors...).
The show is even more realistic with the soft kiss, so we can expect a real big fat kiss when Bones and Booth will get together (hope so!!! I can't wait >

December 06 2007 at 5:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael Moncur

Umm, I'm not sure the magic of Youtube and Ausiello are really needed here - this has been on NBC's Bones site since the episode aired.

The reaction from Caroline in the show makes much more sense when you see the original take...

December 05 2007 at 2:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Michael Moncur's comment
Oreo

Do you even watch the show? Because you don't seem to remember what network the show is on.

December 05 2007 at 2:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

The one that aired sucked. It was supposed to be this grand kiss that they switched gum and they didn't even open their mouth.

December 05 2007 at 11:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PB

Yummy!

December 05 2007 at 11:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SALLIE ACKERMAN

This version (the one not shown) was sooo much better than the one that aired. I had waited (yes, I know, get a life) for that first kiss and was disappointed. This version was more like I was hoping for.

December 05 2007 at 11:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply