September 21, 2014

The Bonnie Hunt Show cleared to to air

by Jason Hughes, posted Dec 5th 2007 1:01PM

Bonnie HuntTV Week tells us that after clearing 85% of the market with a few last-minute sales, including to one of my local stations in St. Louis, The Bonnie Hunt Show is now able to get things in order for a Fall 2008 launch. Hunt filmed a pilot in June of 2007 and was picked up with a two year commitment in September.

Bonnie Hunt is one of those Hollywood names everyone knows, everyone in the industry likes, and she's been around forever, but she's never been in anything "big-time." Her biggest TV role was probably her Emmy-nominated performance in the short-lived ABC series Life with Bonnie, in which Hunt played ... a TV talk show host ... well, that's kind of weird. I guess all she's really wanted to do is direct-- I mean, host a talk show. Sorry, they all want to direct, of course. Goes without saying. So I probably shouldn't have.

kevjohn

I LOVE Bonnie Hunt, and I really, really liked Life With Bonnie. And did you see her host Letterman's show when he was out with that heart surgery? Those were some of the best episodes of ANY late show since Carson's heyday. You can't beat a beautiful woman with a quick wit and pleasing personality.

What I'm saying here is... Bonnie Hunt, will you marry me?

December 06 2007 at 12:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mike

The best parts of both of Bonnie's short lived series were the ad-libbed parts. She needs a vehicle that will allow her more of that. The "home life" aspects of both shows were done to death and doesn't play to her strengths.

As much as I hate to say it, because tv really doesn't need another one, a talk show is perfect for her. Something where her quick wit can be put to use more often. (instead of repeats Letterman needed to let her guest host)

December 06 2007 at 9:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Galley

Gotta love the Bonnie!

December 06 2007 at 8:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan

Bonnie Hunt has a really good crossover dribble too. She schooled Charles Barkley once on Letterman.

December 05 2007 at 10:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
YouFaceTheTick

She's so hot...can't explain it. I used to love watching her on Tom Snyder when I was in college. The show will flop though. She's way too smart for Joe America to watch her.

December 05 2007 at 9:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Robert

I have a relative that was a regular on an ABC show that was on at the same time as her show and a sibling that did a guest spot on Bonnie's show, and both tell me what a wonderful, warm person she is. However, there was some bad blood between her and the network, which is what influenced the cancellation of her show.

I hope that things go smoother this time around, as she'd be a great addition to any network's lineup.

December 05 2007 at 4:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carissa

I just watched Jumanji this weekend and checked IMDB to see where the hell Bonnie has been for the past two years. Nothing updated since Life With Bonnie. I will follow this woman anywhere...her wit and delivery are unparalleled. Good luck to her with this new venture!

December 05 2007 at 3:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Charlie Conner

I Loooooves me some Bonnie Hunt!

If life were fair, she would be right up there with Lucille Ball...but if life were fair, I'd be a gazillionaire :)

December 05 2007 at 2:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MaryKatherine

Bonnie Hunt is one of those actors who is brilliant in her craft, yet overlooked by the hollywood old man's club. She is not only entertaining but witty and gorgeous. A mix that (apaprently) doesn't fit with these old farts.

Loved her in " Jerry McGuire "........better than what's her name (what is her name ? lol )

December 05 2007 at 2:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply