July 26, 2014

Dead Like Me movie trailer - VIDEO

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Dec 13th 2007 1:41PM
Dead Like MeEven if the Dead Like Me straight-to-DVD movie will only be released next summer, the first trailer already made its way to the world wide web. The quality of the trailer is not the great but it does give a good glimpse at what's in store for the reapers and introduces Sarah Wynter as Daisie and Henry Ian Cusick as Cameron Kane, the new head reaper.

Even if you haven't read the movie spoilers and news released over the summer, you will still grasp most of what is shown in the trailer even if George's narration doesn't give a lot hints.

As someone who dished about the movie over the past months, there is nothing much surprising me in this trailer except for the scenes involving Reggie and George (I didn't recognize Reggie at first!). Sarah Wynter seems okay in the role of Daisie but, of course, she will never be able to fully replace Laura Harris in the role. We will probably hate Cameron Cane as much as the characters seem to in the trailer because he is Rube's replacement, a practically irreplaceable character. No matter, I'll be one of the first line (aka I'll preorder on Amazon) to buy the movie when it comes out.

starjava2000

I agree with Stella and Oreo.......I LOVED this show, and was terribly dissapointed when it ended. But if they can't do the show correctly, with Rube and Daisy, they should have just left us with the great memories we had from the original two seasons! It's like The Beatles Reforming with new members to replace John and George......It just doesn't make it.......sadly.

January 13 2008 at 1:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danioton

szark at the Ellen Muth website reformated the trailer so that it has the intended proportions

Try this link:

January 04 2008 at 6:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danioton

The show should never have been dropped, and that they're coming out with a movie shows someone recognized what many fans already know. I'm looking forward to seeing a new beginning and what the writers have come up with during the last few years when we've been denied one of the really great shows to come out ever.

January 04 2008 at 2:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marie

What is wrong with the trailer is the music and the angle of the camera.

December 22 2007 at 12:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe

I, for one, was truly sad when this stopped production. It's great to see that they're trying to bring it back.

Regarding the loss of the original Daisy... If you all remember, she was a replacement herself. She was funny though. They would've been better off just replacing the character as well like they replaced the original one (Betty played by Rebecca Gayheart).

Losing Rube is terrible. Mandy Patinkin was great. Hopefully the new guy will work out. At least Mason and Roxy are still there.

December 15 2007 at 12:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason Anderson

I don't care about the changes. Sure, I love Rube. I love Daisy. And hate to see them either gone or different. But I'm just glad to have more Dead Like Me.

Can we do Wonderfalls next?? Please??? I need more Caroline Dhavernas in my life.

Also, what was with using the theme from "A Series of Unfortunate Events" in the trailer?

Also, wow at Reggie being all growed up. It's been what, 4 years since the show was on. You forget how fast kids grow.

Can't wait for the DVD.

December 15 2007 at 12:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

I totally disagree...I CAN'T WAIT! If it looked like this would be a stand-alone, non-mythology spinoff-type movie about grim reapers being "wacky" then I wouldn't want to see it. But we were left with unanswered questions, and hopefully, they'll answer them well, and leave us with other good unanswered questions...I love the dynamic of the new head reaper...I love Reggie and Joy...I miss this show so much!

December 14 2007 at 11:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rljones

I loved the show and was disappointed that it was not renewed. I am glad to get at least this much. Gives them the chance to end some story lines. But Reggie, boy has she grown since the show went off the air. I can hardly wait it.

December 13 2007 at 8:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carissa

Wow! I didn't recognize Reggie either! She's all grown up. Can't believe how much she has changed. I don't care what the movie is about; I loved this show and I say better late than never.

December 13 2007 at 3:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

I agree, let the dead show stay dead. It ended nicely and this show will be nothing like the show.

No Rube, different Daisy, it's filmed in a different location, so nothing will be the same.

It's just useless, do it right or not at all, and I wish they did not at all.

December 13 2007 at 3:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply