July 22, 2014

TV Squad Daily with Brigitte - VIDEO

by Brigitte Dale, posted Dec 14th 2007 6:30PM
Hey, Brigitte here with TV Squad Daily. I'll be covering the TV stories I find interesting each day, Monday through Friday, in this video blog.

Today, on TV Squad Daily:

Not feeling so super-random this Friday. Instead, taking a deeper look at what's going on with the WGA writer's strike.

The video's embedded below, or you can subscribe to this podcast via our feed. Plus, you can also download the file directly.

eric f

Hey Brigitte, I was wondering how a daily program like Attack of the Show on G4 is surviving during the writer's strike? maybe you can find out for us? I don't want them to stop...but I'm curious. They are in LA, and someone needs to write all that witty banter, right?

December 16 2007 at 10:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kell from Vancouver Washington

Brigitte,
I have been affected by the writers strike from the very beginning. I can't stand those writers who are very whinny who had good jobs...I am sorry but I won't have any sympathy for them.. I wish that the net works would fire ALL of the writers who are striking and replace them with new ones. Sure I would hope that they would be Familiar with the shows and know what they are doing.
I like only a few shows that are on. Lost wasn't on before the writers strike so Lost wasn't affected or maybe I'm wrong. I haven't watched 24 season 6 yet so I have not seen any of season 7 on TV. Grey's Anatomy,Heroes and Smallville have been affected by it and it really ticks me off. Sure it's just Three shows but hey I am getting tired of the writers strike. I was tired of it during the first week..There is enough crap in my life and in the world that sucks, I don't need my TV shows to be screwed up to. Brigitte, If I had 3 wishes right now.

1. I would wish that all of the American troops in the Middle East would magically appear in Military Base's in the US.

2. I would wish that the writers strike would be resolved and that the writers would finally go back to work. And

3. I would wish for all the Mentally retarded {mentally challenged} people to suddenly become normal and have average intelligence.

Yep, those are my 3 wishes if I could with for any thing right now. I am very much opposed to the war in the Middle East, I support the net works, not the writers and I have a mentally challenged aunt and uncle that I would like to see normal some day..

I also wish that Brigitte would reply to our comments..

Kell from Vancouver Washington ~

December 16 2007 at 8:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Kell from Vancouver Washington's comment
Dorv

Yeah... So, I'll leave the second half of the post alone... But let me first state: Are you serious?

I mean, agree or disagree with the striking writers, but to comment about it while clearly having NO understanding of what's going on is another separate issue.

There are no "other writers out there" (well, I mean, there are, but that's besides the point). They are all members of the union. The shows you mentioned all ran through November sweeps, and then an episode in December, which is standard fair.

Yes, there are rich writers out there that are well off enough, but they are striking in support of the ones who, like most of us, live paycheck to paycheck.

I've never been a big pro-union guy, but in this case, I definitely support what the writers are doing. And I can say that, because I have a clue...

December 17 2007 at 7:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Go-Kart

W/r/t "… the wazoo": Up or Out?*

Bidirectional distinction, perhaps?

I'm thinking that wazoos are like trapdoors** - they should swing in just the one direction… under normal circumstances.

According to Wiktionary, the two expressions can be, and are used, interchangeably.

Urban Dictionary has this entry: "Cracked out the wazoo." Interesting…

The American Heritage Dictionary suggests that wazoo is an "alteration of kazoo." Okay, won't go there.

I guess usage of "up" versus "out" depends on whether you're coming or going. Speaking strictly figuratively, of course.

Forgive my off-color, etymological musings on "up/out the wazoo." Without S.R.F., what else can one do?

- Gocart -

____________________

* How could I resist? Brigitte said, "Gross."

** As suggested by Urban Dictionary

December 15 2007 at 5:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sean jackson

One more thing....Brigitte.. your mild lisp...is the cutest thing in the world.

December 15 2007 at 5:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sean jackson

Wahoo for Brigitte's Wazoo!! up AND out......

December 15 2007 at 5:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
an4rew

If the writers have lost $100m in just 40days... how is it worth it?

December 15 2007 at 4:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Roger

Hi Brigitte,

Thank you for another week of entertainment even though you weren't feeling well.

Have you ever thought of a European tour of your show?

December 15 2007 at 10:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave

Reddi-Whip bikini ... hello? You're running out of days. The countdown begins today at 7 more 'work' days.

Also, does TV Squad Daily have a US Postal mailing address where we can send you Christmas presents? Not crazy stalker-type Christmas presents ... stuff you might actually love because you have real fans that want to give back.

December 15 2007 at 9:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Dave's comment
Jonmark Pierce

Yep, a P.O. Box where we can send a few $ for an autographed photo (color, natch, to catch the blue of those bd eyes) of Brigitte and Sir Penrod--that would be good. Also, some organic-cotton swag based on the other TVSD cast of characters: Tiny Tree, Disco, Tillie, The Chair RIP, The Door. Imagine Willy Nelson's website (I think Willy and Brigitte might have gone to different schools together) not having swag for his fans. Unthinkable!
WE

December 15 2007 at 8:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
billyblackwellii

Awwwh... Not only is she still ill, she's hooked on the 'tussin.

Funny thing is that I don't even own a TV. I just like Bridgette.

Get well soon.

December 15 2007 at 4:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
billyblackwellii

Wow! I'm really hooked. I haven't even watched the video and I caught myself thinking, "I hope Bridgette is feeling better."

Contact. We have empathy. Viewer cares. He really cares.

December 15 2007 at 4:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply