November 27, 2014

On the 3rd day of Festivus, TV gave to me...

by Keith McDuffee, posted Dec 17th 2007 10:03AM
... Three Subtle Subtitles.

I skipped last week's SS post because I knew we'd be doing three this week. Caption one, two or all three. Friday I'll pick what I think is the best entry for each image. Good luck and happy Festivus!

First up, a shot from the latest episode of Boston Legal:

Next, a scene from last night's The Simpsons ...

the simpsons
Lastly, a scene from last week's October Road:
october road

Ten reality television nuggets
Nine Writers' Strike supporting sites
Eight seasons to look forward to
Seven sites worth linking
Six welcome returns
Five canceled shows
Four TV shows you should be watching

Daniel

#1 Denny: Wana have fun?

#2 Is that guy down there look'n at my crouch?

#3 Homer I love you!!!!!!!

February 07 2008 at 6:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
brother numsi

#1 Mo' Money Mo' Problems.

#1 My album should be going Platinum right about now.

#1 These bars can't hold Michael Scoffield.

#2 Pimpin ain't easy.

#3 They lied! I can't taste no damn rainbow!

December 22 2007 at 10:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
olucy

#1: At least here we'll be safe from Gandolfini.

December 19 2007 at 8:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rob

#1: "Denny, I really think you'd be better off wearing pants in here."

#2: "Clarence! Clarence! Help me, Clarence! Get me back! Get me back, I don't care what happens to me! Get me back to my donuts!"

#3: "Where's the bad bulb? For the love of God, where is the bad bulb?"

December 19 2007 at 3:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TheH2s

1. "Has anybody ever told you, you look like Clay Aiken?"

December 19 2007 at 11:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

1. William Shatner finds out what rooms hotels really give you when you book through Priceline.com

3. Man: Please God end this writers strike!
God offscreen: I'm sorry I can't help you. Ask Satan. He's an executive over at FOX.

December 18 2007 at 3:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jaerisk

1. I'll try anything once Alan, just be gentle with me.

December 17 2007 at 4:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jen

#1 Do you think they were telling the truth when they said they were putting Michael Vick in here with us, Alan?

December 17 2007 at 3:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Matthew Hood

#1 - We broke the fourth wall, Alan. We knew it was wrong, the viewers knew it was wrong, even... the sponsors... cringed at it.

#2 - Right about now that stupid angel should show up. They I can wish Jimmy Stewart had never been born!

#3 - They didn't cancel us! It's a Christmas Miracle! God bless us, every one.

December 17 2007 at 3:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Matthew Hood's comment
Matthew Hood

Corrected version of #2: Right about now that stupid angel should show up. Then I can wish Jimmy Stewart had never been born!

(I should proof read before I hit submit, huh?)

December 17 2007 at 3:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

1. JJ Abrams went to great lengths to keep Shatner out of his Star Trek remake.

2. Sadly Homer didn't realize that the river wasn't made of chocolate. It was just really polluted water.

3. "This isn't snow its my neighbor's dandruff! EWW!" *starts spitting it out in disgust*

December 17 2007 at 2:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply