July 24, 2014

The 4400 canceled

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Dec 19th 2007 10:19AM
The 4400Since the Season four finale aired, fans (myself included) of USA Network's The 4400 have been waiting to hear the word "renewed." Usually, news of a renewal is announced about mid-season or before the finale. Even if it wasn't the case this time around, we all held hope that USA would renew the popular sci-fi series.

I'm unhappy to report that the cancellation ax fell on the show this week.

The network has yet to make an announcement but creator and executive producer Scott Peters let fans know about the sad news in a post he made yesterday on the show's message board over at USANetwork.com. In his message, Peters thanks fans for their "tireless devotion to the show" and reminds everyone that they (himself, the cast and crew) are really proud of what they accomplished with the story and the characters.

I truly hope USA Networks calls everyone back for a 2-hour TV movie special where the storylines could be wrapped up and the end game could be explained. Another great show bites the dust...

Alicia

I have to say I am done with TV. I watch a show and that's the end. No one can promise me that I am not wasting my time by investing it in a show that may not be there. So what is the point in even watching a premiere anymore. Shows, good shows, used to come on and and they would be on for years. When they ended you were happy because you watched and the characters grew and the show ended because it went everywhere it could. Now I will read and watch movies. I can no longer take the dissapointment of shows. At least if they gave the show a couple of episodes to wrap things up I would be okay but great shows have ended with no real reason....Everwood, My SO called life, now the 4400....And now the "edited" Reality TV is taking over...Ugg I am so disgusted.....so I sign off now...

March 10 2008 at 5:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KEV

4400 1 word GARBAGE!!!!

March 02 2008 at 7:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mitzi

I soooo loved this show! As far as I' concerned, the best show I've had the pleasure of viewing! Breaks my heart!

February 27 2008 at 9:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JeepGirl9575

I thought this was a great show. Even though all things must come to an end this show didn't. We're all left with a lot of unanswered questions. I think they should do a show finale and not leave us hanging.

February 25 2008 at 1:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
oliveira

well... I think that a network that depend on its viewers to survive, and to buy the stuff that they sell, should respect their viewers. I think that when USA network canceled their shows, they are telling to their public the kind of company they are, and the kind of response they deserve. I am not interested in anything they produce or sell, anymore. Why should I watch a network that out of nothing cancel what I have been watching for years. I do not buy their arguments... all crap. If they believe that they can survive by giving us bad quality reality shows and siticons, they must be out of their minds... or we are

January 31 2008 at 11:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jannelle

While I am sad to hear the show was cancelled, I think it ended on a good note. The 4400 saved Seattle, and everyone (including the people a NTAC) had new and mazing abilities. My personal favorite storyline was that of Megalyn Echikunwoke and Chad Faust's characters. But after Isabelle was killed, and Chad saying he wasn't coming back for the next seaon kind of killed it for me anyway. But if the Sci Fi channel picks it up, of course, I'll be onboard to watch.

January 29 2008 at 10:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Toya

That sux. This seems to happen with every show. You get into it and watch it then its gone. Now we are left with crap on usa (excluding Monk) once again.

January 29 2008 at 1:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary

as long as the 4400 has been on the least you could do is bring it back on long enough to end the show. you could do that in a 2 hour show. alot of people watched 4400. and the way it ended last season, you need to bring it back on long enough to give it a final good bye.

January 27 2008 at 2:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
missamberlori

The 4400 is and was the best show on Television. I watched every season and every season was full of drama and suspense. The acting and the writing kept viewer on the edge on their seats. We need The 4400 to be renewed and we the loyal fans have started a campaign to let the USA network know how we feel. Please send your letters/emails/sunflower seeds to the USA network. A mass mailing is scheduled for the week of Feb. 1st Mail as many letters as you can and spread the word: Thanks
USA Network
30 Rockefeller Plaza
21st Floor
New York, NY 10112
Attn: Ms. Bonnie Hamer

SAVE THE 4400!!!!

January 24 2008 at 7:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rod

Not surprised by cancellation. The show was second rate after year one, poor imitation of X-Files, which itself went downhill in the last couple of years. Just could not keep track of what was going on or who was doing what to whom. Peter Coyote was OK, not anywhere near as good as CSM, in directing the conspiracy, and Billy Campbell was no where near as good as Nick Lea as villain (more or less).

January 23 2008 at 1:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply