October 23, 2014

Adult Swim airs every Futurama episode starting tonight

by Richard Keller, posted Dec 26th 2007 12:02PM

A flood of Futuram episodes begins tonightBelieve it or not, Futurama has been airing on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block for about five years. During that period, fans of the show have probably watched every single episode at least once, or twice, or fifteen times. Now, those same fans will get the chance to watch every single episode one more time as Adult Swim begins a Futurama marathon.

Starting tonight at 11:00 PM, and continuing until 11:30 PM on the last day of the year, there will be nothing on the schedule but Fry, Leela, Bender, and the rest of the team from Planet Express. On December 31st Adult Swim will air the show's first episode, 'Space Pilot 3000' and the last episode, 'The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings' (great episode, by the way) at 11:00 pm and 11:30 pm respectively. This is all in preparation of Futurama moving from Adult Swim to Comedy Central starting on January 1st.

Gallery: Futurama

BenderBender's Big ScorePhillip J. FryFry, Leela, and BenderFuturama TitleLeelaLeela and Fry on a scooterDr. John A. ZoidbergZoidberg sketchesZoidberg and the Professor

Should you miss this Futurama marathon because you'll be drunk from now until January 1st, or hiding in a dark corner of your house until the holidays are over, have no fear. Starting January 2nd Comedy Central will air three episodes of Futurama a night starting at 8:00 pm, with a marathon of season 2 episodes on Sunday, January 6th.

Shane

I can't watch Futurama. Leela reminds me of this bitch of a wife I used to have. As long as I was bending over backwards for her I was the greatest. You know, like Leela loving Frye while he was something he was not (worm infestation) all ready to spread her legs until he returned to who he really was. Then, no pussy for Frye. Rotten bitch!

February 25 2008 at 9:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
budd19

I'll miss Futurama on Adult Swim. I love the little promos like the giant Bender Shadow. I thought it was a great place for the show. I'm going to hold onto the marathon on my DVR for as long as possible. I like Comedy Central, but it won't be the same.

December 31 2007 at 6:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
juiceboxthedemonfox

I feel sad. I mean, no more Futurama after this on Adult Swim! Thats horrible...

December 28 2007 at 2:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ashley

wow. I must be one "geeky faggot" as I LUV Futurama...the "one eyed bitch" you speak of is Leela you meanie!

Anywho, isnt anyone kinda bummed that futurama isnt going to be on AS anymore? I am. I mean, its like...routine. Family Guy...futurama...robot chicken..etc. Now I feel like...naked or something. A piece of me is gone.

*runs away crying*

December 27 2007 at 11:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ron mexico

Great idea that should somehow be utilized for other short-lived shows. Looking forward towards watching the Slurm factory episode, as well as the Luck of the Fryish.

December 26 2007 at 8:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alicia

I am so pumped about this! I have been waiting for it to come... just because I want the new stuff...

I don't know what CN is going to fill in at the 11pm slot though... What will I have to watch? The local news???

December 26 2007 at 6:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jax

So instead of bringing the show back, they just switch syndicated licenses. FOX stop making good shows and then canceling them: Arrested Development, Firefly,Futurama, ect.

December 26 2007 at 5:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Jax's comment
Tanders

They are bring it back. CC not only gets the reruns but also the 16 ep "season 5". Its just the DVD movies broken into episodes but, eh, new futurama is new futurama.

December 26 2007 at 6:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steaming Pile

Fox canceled those shows because they didn't appeal to the Married With Children demographic their sponsors wanted. It's not about ratings anymore; it's about getting certain people to watch. Fox has, and always will, seek out the lowest of the lowbrow because that's where their money is.

December 27 2007 at 9:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

It's said that Futurama is movie to CC in the new year. Cartoon Network help bring the show back by putting it on the air at the same time every day! Something Fox has never done for it.

Still very cool that they are showing all the episodes in a week, I have the DVDs so I don't really need to watch it. I hope they show the Christmas episodes on at like noon-3pm on the weekend because Fox didn't want to air the Santa episodes because they might bother children.

Stupid Fox! :)

December 26 2007 at 3:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Oreo's comment
Tanders

Well its just as part of Adult Swim so there won't be any chance of it being during the noon hour. It would be great if they were doing it all day long but then it would only last a day and a half instead of a week.

December 26 2007 at 6:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bd

Futurama was such a great default show to watch on Adult Swim, now there's nothing.

Also, it's not "in lieu of". In lieu of means instead of.

December 26 2007 at 1:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
khamel

mars university - my favorite futurama episode. i just spent 10 minutes on tivo online scheduling and added a whole bunch of them. i never watched futurama in ernest but this time i'll be able to watch a whole bunch at once. there is NOTHING on tv for the next week so this is a perfect antidote to episodes of law and order that i've already seen and a blank screen.

December 26 2007 at 1:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply