July 23, 2014

TV Squad Daily with Brigitte - VIDEO

by Brigitte Dale, posted Dec 26th 2007 6:32PM
Hey, Brigitte here with TV Squad Daily. I'll be covering the TV stories I find interesting each day, Monday through Friday, in this video blog.

Today, on TV Squad Daily:
  • On her Christmas episode, Martha Stewart shared some lovely holiday crafts that she made in prison.
  • Christina Aguilera bought the Osbournes' house after falling in love with its kitchen on the reality show.
  • MTV just announced their "Street Team '08."
The video's embedded below, or you can subscribe to this podcast via our feed. Plus, you can also download the file directly.

Dustin

I used to collect elephants, but I won't ask for your shirt because I know how you don't like people asking for your belongings. How cruel are you? :P

December 31 2007 at 3:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim Murphy

Brigitte - -

So THAT'S the story behind the T-shirt! I thought you were trying to elicit one of those "trunk on her trunk" comments from one of your Patrick-esque stalker fans.

Nice mug shot, by the way!

December 28 2007 at 1:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jason

Brigitte, you are like the second coming of ZeFrank....but less angry, what gives?

he lived here

December 27 2007 at 6:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Go-Kart

"It's itchy, but fun."

Now there's a sentence I've not had the dichotomous privilege of uttering.

December 27 2007 at 4:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sim

Hey Brigitte,
Do you know how the Writer's Strike effects a show like Curb Your Enthusiasm ? -You know, where they improvise their lines.

December 27 2007 at 1:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brigitte

The elephant t-shirt isn't a political statement, it's from a non-profit that helps pay for Flora the African elephant's food and care at a sanctuary she went to after being in a circus for 18 years. If you're curious, there's more at africanelephants.org.

December 27 2007 at 12:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Brigitte's comment
Sagisarius

Oh, neat... and much more interesting.

December 27 2007 at 2:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jonmark Pierce

@Bud
How do we know that some expert ceramicist-slash-celebrity didn't make that first mug for Brigitte in gratitude for sending a cupcake with a file in it? (The Securities and Exchange Commission took all her other files, as I recall.) Or perhaps Brigitte threw that mug herself, out of fine clay mixed with the ground up bones of over-demanding fans. *R.I.P., Patrick. If you look carefully, you'll notice that P-rod's rawhide chew toy has the very faint outlines of some bad-boy's tattoo. I hear the Sopranos are TVSD fans, too, so it might be wise to dial it back a notch. Just saying. *Recycled In Pottery
WE

December 27 2007 at 12:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Jonmark Pierce's comment
Jim Murphy

Wind - -

I swear, you have more horrid who dunnit ideas than Alfred Hitchcock! It almost makes me wonder...

Brigitte - -

You aren't involved in the disappearance of Patrick, are you? Say it ain't so! By the way... buyer beware... doggie chews that have faint tattoos in the leather are regarded as factory seconds.

December 28 2007 at 1:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Clayton

I am a newbie here, I love TV squad. But I got a question Penrod "how did he become a strike pumpkin" I mean do they have a pumpkin farm that grows pumpkins for different causes. Along a different line the blue Elephant on your shirt is that a star its reaching for and is this a statement of sorts. Also I think Tom is Bud trying to trick you. The mug should go up for auction.
Clayton

December 27 2007 at 12:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Clayton's comment
Tom

Well, a few things...

First, I'm not trying to trick ANYONE. I'm simply a guy whose stuck at work trying to figure how so much could get screwed up in so little an amount of time while at the same time using this humble internet thread to fight for truth, justice and the American way (while trying unsuccessfully to mimic the deft word play of a David E. Kelly script).

Second, on Penrod, Penrod was originally just the Halloween pumpkin but later adopted the cause of chronicling the writers’ strike to save himself from a post-Halloween demise. I’d direct you to the “originally intended to be tongue in cheek but now oddly prophetic” October 1st edition of TV Squad daily (found here: http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/10/01/tv-squad-daily-with-brigitte-video/). Things truly were never the same again.

Some suspect an international conspiracy in which the Penrod we see is not in fact the original Penrod but instead is another pumpkin made to look like Penrod to cover the fact that the original Penrod died at some point in the last three months (like the Lassies or Gerald Ford post Sara Jane Moore). I’m still fond of the secret lab behind the sealed door theory myself which involves a door that is sealed shut (or so we’ve been told) but has a padlock on it that is sometimes unlocked leading many (aka me) to believe that she has a secret lab back there in which Penrod clones are produced and mocked up to appear identical to the original. It seems farfetched but no more farfetched than a 3 month old pumpkin managing to bonk a young girl on the nose and walk away unscathed (its 188 pumpkin years y’know)

We never see the sealed door anymore though, which only makes me that much more suspicious.

December 27 2007 at 1:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tom

I think Bud might have a point here. You did say you’d make “all our wishes come true” and you did insinuate that the only reason Bud didn’t get his wish (aka the mug in question) was because you needed it to put your coffee in. So now that you no longer need it to put your coffee in I think your statement constitutes a binding agreement between you and my clien…I mean Bud that indicates that he is now entitled to the object in question (aka the mug).

Now, you could say that these things aren’t retroactive, the mug wasn’t available when you were granting said wishes and now the mug is available but you are no longer in the business of granting wishes but to say that would open you up to liability if you ever choose to grant wishes in the future (e.g. because you would have claimed your wish granting career had come to an end when in fact you had just been on a sabbatical meaning that Bud was owed the mug because you had, unbeknownst to us all, continued to be a wish grantor even after you’d sworn you no longer were).

Btw, totally unrelated, but I got the Practice Season 1 for Christmas and I’ve already watched half of them.

Anyway, I think you might owe Bud a mug.

P.S. Easing back into life sucks… (even if it is only for a few days)

December 26 2007 at 10:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Tom's comment
Joe

I'm convinced.

December 26 2007 at 11:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
budship1

O.K. I think that I commented way too quickly. I believe that you just might have been taunting me with that new mug. If you had read my comment on Friday I mentioned that if you got a new mug for Christmas then you should send me your old one. Now the first thing I see it you throwing the NEW mug up to the camera and saying I got this.

Tease!

O.K. that is it, now I stand by my first comment.

Bud