April 21, 2014

TV Squad Daily with Brigitte - VIDEO

by Brigitte Dale, posted Dec 27th 2007 6:28PM
Hey, Brigitte here with TV Squad Daily. I'll be covering the TV stories I find interesting each day, Monday through Friday, in this video blog.

Today, on TV Squad Daily:
  • Paris Hilton unintentionally brought clean water to thousands of people in need, and will help educate hundreds of blind children. It's the best outcome of a DUI and sex tape ever!!!
  • Interesting: no one's using the news to fill gaps left by the strike.
  • An answer to a viewer question about how the strike affects ad-libbed shows like Curb Your Enthusiasm.
The video's embedded below, or you can subscribe to this podcast via our feed. Plus, you can also download the file directly.

budship1

Hey Brigitte,

O.K. I can’t say that I had given up on getting the mug from you but I didn’t want to be one of those internet stalker guys either. O.K. maybe a little bit of me wanted to be, hey that is why I asked for it in the first place.

But, I was alright with it. Not getting it and all. I sort of moved on. I was going to let it go. At least for a while. Buuuuutttttttt nooooooooo. There you go again slamming it in my face. Not one but with two extra mugs along with the new mug.

So here is what I have to do, I have to clarify this entire mug thing. First of all, the mug in question isn’t even the mug that I was requesting!

For those who have been following this little saga please review December 18th video and you will see Brigitte drinking from a fairly large mug. I commented that I have a hard time finding a large mug and would love to have that mug. I was just making a point about the size of the mug and that I would like to have one like that.

The next day Brigitte appears with the mug again thus I thought I would follow up with requesting the mug again, just for the fun of it and heck who knows maybe I just might have ended up with a free mug.

Now here is where things change. On December 21st Brigitte gave is what now what has become her famous Christmas wish speech. In which she declared that I (Bud) would not be getting my Christmas wish as she needed her mug to drink her coffee. But, now this is the whole point of this, she holds up a holiday mug, not the original mug that I requested. So O.K. I can deal with that. I was recognized in the Christmas wish video and that was pretty cool. So showing the wrong mug didn’t make any difference to me. But I did comment that if she were to receive a new mug for Christmas maybe she could send me her old mug, aka at this point the holiday mug, (I was just going along with the stick; I still really wanted the original mug I had requested).

Now the good part, Brigitte started taunting me with by showing that she received a new mug for Christmas. See December 26th video. I decided to comment. Tom commented, others commented, see comments on December 26th and 27th.

Now on the December 27th video the Brigitte starts out by blatant taunting me by showing both the new mug and the holiday mug filled with marshmallows, and clicking them together, then showing them again, like in your face Bud. She then takes the said marshmallows and throws one in her coffee. Who puts marshmallows in their coffee? The thrown marshmallow makes a clicking sound, thus an edited sound affect was put it to further slam me. O.K. I get it just rubbing it in as much as possible.

So all is well and good I comment that I am taking Tom’s advice and seeking professional help, legal help that is not mental help, I'm already thinking about getting that mental help thing. Of which I call OJ and ask for some help. OJ lives here in South Florida and if anyone can get away with anything in the legal system I figured it would be him. Plus I’m not sure where Robert Blake is living at the moment.

So OJ is no help because he is in trouble again and can’t even get a decent attorney because he is so screwed that he has to resort to stealing as he has no money. Well he has plenty of money but it is all hidden. Thus if I were to get assistance from his old legal team I would need to pay off his debt which is hardly worth the value of the mug.

Although that just might not be true if this entire matter continues to go further and the value of the said mug may increase in value to where it would be well worth pursuing.

But hey, I got a new mug from my niece who bought me a very nice large mug, much like the mug Brigitte got for Christmas. It’s even the same color. Thus I am no longer in need of a mug to drink my tea in. Now please note that I never called the mug a coffee mug as I don’t drink coffee. Thus, as it was pointed out by another commenter that apparently I am more apt to commit suicide than those who drink coffee, but that has nothing to do with Brigitte.

Now I would say that is the end of it and I don’t need her mug, but, here is the really really crappy part. I broke my new mug that my niece gave me for Christmas and now I am in need of a mug again.

So back to the beginning of this ranting, I stated that I was O.K. with not getting the mug. Heck I had the new mug and now I don’t, and now I getting taunted again. Now how bad is that?

Oh, well I guess life could be worse, it could be raining outside, oh crap it is.

Damn.

Bud

January 05 2008 at 4:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Troy

Brigitte,

Just wanted to say I enjoy your show, it is like a two minute Talk Soup for the internet with a comment section. With my short attention span, it is a perfect match.

PS The coffee mug thing is a little creepy.

December 28 2007 at 6:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave

Brigitte,

Curb Your Enthusiasm is one of the best shows on TV, especially this past season. The season before was OK. If you're not watching it, you should be ... it's comedic genius.

btw, I'm in Lincoln ... where are you?

December 28 2007 at 5:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
budship1

Brigitte

I was going to apologize for not being able to watch yesterday’s video until today. Well, I have a life you know, can’t be here every minute.

So anyway, I’m ready to apologize when it’s like holy crap, she is really taunting me. I mean you’re doing it big time now.

Then I go to put this comment in and I read the first comment from Tom and he knows.

So now Brigitte, you really really should be sending me your old mug.

Think New Years resolution!

Bud

__

December 28 2007 at 4:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MosquitoControl72

No one is using the news because, honestly, networks can put the same episode of Still Standing or Life With Jim on and no one would notice. Half the population would still enjoy it as much as always, the other half isn't able to tell one of those formula shows from the other, let alone one episode from another.

December 28 2007 at 11:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent McKee

Of course Paris could always do what her grandfather did. When his father gave virtually all of his money to Catholic charities and almost nothing to his family, Barron Hilton sued the charities... and won.

December 28 2007 at 3:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Thad C

Well, since you seem to be very audience friendly recently Brigitte, I have a question: How is the writers strike affecting the price of gourmet coffee beans in Nebraska? ....and b: Is Penrod growing, (well marking) Elvis sideburns?? How too too.......something.

December 28 2007 at 2:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jonmark Pierce

OK, somebody out there--please, for the love of God--send Brigitte some fresher marshmallows. That one actually went "clunk" when she transferred it from the Christmas mug to the new mug. That's just wrong.

When I walk through a hotel lobby, sometimes I'll watch a minute or two of the blatant, right-wing-pro-war propaganda that passes for news on Faux News or the Cheese News Network. It's as fake as any "reality" show could hope to be, and it probably does more damage. Better to be uninformed than misinformed, methinks. Could one find anything more reptilian than Nancy Grace or Glenn Beck, even down at the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jNWPUFNA2U

December 28 2007 at 2:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Jonmark Pierce's comment
Nate

I was thinking that there was no way that could be a marshmallow. It sounded like she got it out of a giant sized box of Lucky Charms!

December 28 2007 at 8:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sim

thanks,
so LD is on strike.
I reckon we should all support the Writers on strike by refusing to watch all the awful "strike-babies"; Celebrity Garage Sale !- no thanks - I at least hope the people who bought the junk got bargains on really great stuff. Probably not though, eh?

December 28 2007 at 12:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent

Sim -

Larry David was on strike as well. A quick Google gives me...

December 27 2007 at 11:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply