October 22, 2014

Stump the King - The Pretender

by Paul Goebel, posted Dec 31st 2007 8:06AM

Michael T. Weiss & Andrea ParkerThe letter I got this week required me to do a little digging but I eventually found the answer...

"Dear Paul, I was wondering if you knew which building exterior was used as "The Center" on "The Pretender" - it is a HUGE building. I hope you can help me - you haven't let me down yet! Wishing you happy holidays. All the best, Tamara"

Well, Tamara, I was able to find out that the building in question is actually the Canadian R.C. Harris water plant building. It was nicknamed the "palace of purification" by the locals.

I was never a huge fan of The Pretender but I appreciated the premise of the show and I especially appreciated the uber-sexy Andrea Parker as one of the most dangerous hotties on television.

Now for this week's question...

What show was originally in the lineup of NBC's "thrillogy" on Saturday nights along with The Pretender and Profiler and what show replaced it?

Richard Leach got the first correct answer. Nice job, Rich

Matthew Hood

Sleepwalkers

January 01 2008 at 1:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TanaLT

I keep thinking it was The Others.

December 31 2007 at 8:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

There are legal issues around the DVD release so it hasn't, and most likely never, will be released on DVD.

December 31 2007 at 5:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RC

I liked Dark Skies. It took your typical alien sci-fi conspiracy and intertwined it with 1960s historic events. Anyone know if it's been released on DVD?

December 31 2007 at 4:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Todd Murry

Yeah, Dark Skies was first, replaced by Sleepwalkers, which was replaced by Legacy (although that Bo Derek show Wind on Water aired in the timeslot somewhere in there... it really wasn't a thrillogy show), with the Others being the last "3rd" show when the whole thrillogy was cancelled. I thing these shows were, overall, pretty good (wasn't the Sleepwalkers year the one where Naomi Watts was in several pilots including Sleepwalkers and Mulholland Drive?).

December 31 2007 at 11:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bubbalove

Dark Skies was part of the original Thrillogy, being replaced by Sleepwalkers the following year.

December 31 2007 at 10:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

There is Dark Skies and Freaks and Geeks on Saturdays, both didn't make it. :(

December 31 2007 at 10:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jere

Dark Skies and Others

December 31 2007 at 9:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mitch

Was that Dark Skies?

December 31 2007 at 8:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Richard Leach

Dark Skies? Replaced by Sleepers?

December 31 2007 at 8:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply