September 2, 2014

TV Squad Daily with Brigitte - VIDEO

by Brigitte Dale, posted Jan 4th 2008 6:05PM
Hey, Brigitte here with TV Squad Daily. I'll be covering the TV stories I find interesting each day, Monday through Friday, in this video blog.

Today, on TV Squad Daily:
The video's embedded below, or you can subscribe to this podcast via our feed. Plus, you can also download the file directly.

Michael

Hello!

Brigitte could auction some of these mugs ... for charity. Maybe that could be the newest side project when the writer's strike is through.

Cheerio,
Michael

(I can imagine that she's breathing a sigh of relief to note that day 69 is on the weekend. I wouldn't want to see the sort of pictures I'd get in my inbox.)

January 07 2008 at 1:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Henry

Hey Bud,

One hell of a rant!

And Brigitte, sweet as you seem, can't you see your way to getting a mug to Bud? You've got to give him some credit for persistence, even though if for a somewhat daft desire. But then, hey, I wouldn't mind having a BrigMug either.

Just a thought, but have you considered that your loyal fan base might be interested in purchasing such a creation? Put that talented head of yours thinking about it and make us an offer we can't refuse, one of Brigitte's always cute and often awesome 'big idea' flights of fancy in the form of a mug.

I'm in. So put me at the top of the list, that is, after Bud, of course.

Keep up the great work. Your shows have become a relaxing moment with which to end the day. Kind of like being given that really cold glass of milk with a cookie to munch on while being read that evening's bedtime story. It's a lovely way to shake off the world's concerns before surrendering to blissful sleep.

Be well and good luck,

Henry

January 06 2008 at 4:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
veganrella

I love these shows, but I just started watching and missed a lot. Who is the stalker/clown dude?

January 06 2008 at 4:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gina

I think Bud has officially taken over Patricks #1 spot for "Kooky" comments. ( I don't wanna be rude and use the word "stalker") :-) Patrick...... please show your face and defend your spot!

January 05 2008 at 7:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
budship1

Hey Brigitte,

O.K. I can’t say that I had given up on getting the mug from you but I didn’t want to be one of those internet stalker guys either. O.K. maybe a little bit of me wanted to be, hey that is why I asked for it in the first place.

But, I was alright with it. Not getting it and all. I sort of moved on. I was going to let it go. At least for a while. Buuuuutttttttt nooooooooo. There you go again slamming it in my face. Not one but with two extra mugs along with the new mug.

So here is what I have to do, I have to clarify this entire mug thing. First of all, the mug in question isn’t even the mug that I was requesting!

For those who have been following this little saga please review December 18th video and you will see Brigitte drinking from a fairly large mug. I commented that I have a hard time finding a large mug and would love to have that mug. I was just making a point about the size of the mug and that I would like to have one like that.

The next day Brigitte appears with the mug again thus I thought I would follow up with requesting the mug again, just for the fun of it and heck who knows maybe I just might have ended up with a free mug.

Now here is where things change. On December 21st Brigitte gave is what now what has become her famous Christmas wish speech. In which she declared that I (Bud) would not be getting my Christmas wish as she needed her mug to drink her coffee. But, now this is the whole point of this, she holds up a holiday mug, not the original mug that I requested. So O.K. I can deal with that. I was recognized in the Christmas wish video and that was pretty cool. So showing the wrong mug didn’t make any difference to me. But I did comment that if she were to receive a new mug for Christmas maybe she could send me her old mug, aka at this point the holiday mug, (I was just going along with the stick; I still really wanted the original mug I had requested).

Now the good part, Brigitte started taunting me with by showing that she received a new mug for Christmas. See December 26th video. I decided to comment. Tom commented, others commented, see comments on December 26th and 27th.

Now on the December 27th video the Brigitte starts out by blatant taunting me by showing both the new mug and the holiday mug filled with marshmallows, and clicking them together, then showing them again, like in your face Bud. She then takes the said marshmallows and throws one in her coffee. Who puts marshmallows in their coffee? The thrown marshmallow makes a clicking sound, thus an edited sound affect was put it to further slam me. O.K. I get it just rubbing it in as much as possible.

So all is well and good I comment that I am taking Tom’s advice and seeking professional help, legal help that is not mental help, I'm already thinking about getting that mental help thing. Of which I call OJ and ask for some help. OJ lives here in South Florida and if anyone can get away with anything in the legal system I figured it would be him. Plus I’m not sure where Robert Blake is living at the moment.

So OJ is no help because he is in trouble again and can’t even get a decent attorney because he is so screwed that he has to resort to stealing as he has no money. Well he has plenty of money but it is all hidden. Thus if I were to get assistance from his old legal team I would need to pay off his debt which is hardly worth the value of the mug.

Although that just might not be true if this entire matter continues to go further and the value of the said mug may increase in value to where it would be well worth pursuing.

But hey, I got a new mug from my niece who bought me a very nice large mug, much like the mug Brigitte got for Christmas. It’s even the same color. Thus I am no longer in need of a mug to drink my tea in. Now please note that I never called the mug a coffee mug as I don’t drink coffee. Thus, as it was pointed out by another commenter that apparently I am more apt to commit suicide than those who drink coffee, but that has nothing to do with Brigitte.

Now I would say that is the end of it and I don’t need her mug, but, here is the really really crappy part. I broke my new mug that my niece gave me for Christmas and now I am in need of a mug again.

So back to the beginning of this ranting, I stated that I was O.K. with not getting the mug. Heck I had the new mug and now I don’t and now I getting taunted again. Now how bad is that?

Oh, well I guess life could be worse, it could be raining outside, oh crap it is.

Damn.

Bud

January 05 2008 at 4:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ashley

Now, that was the cutest baby!
I love the new strike pics, but,
Brig, you really need to give us a little update on Pen,
I miss the little guy, Can't you take him out of
"secret preservation" or did you really mean the trash can?

Oh, and just a thought, I saw you had THREE coffee mugs,
Two of which were identical, and you can't even give up one?
Tsk tsk tsk.

January 05 2008 at 12:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dom

I wonder if Travolta would dress up like he did in Hairspray and say "Up your nose with a rubber hose!"

How much money do you have to spend at the hotel to get Travolta to stop making movies? He hasn't starred in a good movie since 1998 when he did Primary Colors & Thin Red Line.

January 05 2008 at 9:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sim

Random thought,
Brigitte, were any spagetti strands injured in the making of your b&w documentary? It is there special day, after all.

January 05 2008 at 8:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wolfman

Awesome photos.
I am growing a beard so I can be manly like O'brien.
Where are all the super random comments?
Hopefully it won't be like Santa/Letterman's.
Lets get random on this website's twass.

January 04 2008 at 10:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Go-Kart

Coincidentally, today is also National Trivia Day. So, on that "Super Random Friday" note…

October 25th is World Pasta Day. By comparison, that makes National Spaghetti Day a "satellite" holiday of sorts, I suppose.

October is also National Pasta Month. Perhaps all the various pasta days should consolidate under this month.

Alas, no such solidarity exists, since March 20th is National Ravioli Day. Conveniently, the following day, March 21st, is National French Bread Day to compliment your ravioli entrée.

As far as pastas go, my guilty pleasure is lasagna. Now that's a pasta that deserves commemoration! And yes, July 29th is National Lasagna Day. Hooray!

For the guy who endlessly begged Brigitte to don a Reddi-wip™ bikini, tomorrow, January 5th, happens to be National Whipped Cream Day. How opportune* … oh wait, tomorrow's Saturday, so no TVSD. Plus, I have it on good authority that he's watching the wrong show anyway.

For Penrod, December 25th was National Pumpkin Pie Day … a missed opportunity. There is the upcoming National Pumpkin Festival on October 13th.**

I can't wait for January 23rd … National Pie Day.*** Nothing against Penrod, but yummmm…

- Gocart -

_________________________________

* After all, Brigitte did observe today's holiday by brewing spaghetti-assisted tea.

** Although sadly, as Methuselean as he seems to be, Pen won't be around to celebrate despite Brigitte's presumed preservation efforts.

*** Curiously, there are two National Pie Days, the other occurring on December 1st.

January 04 2008 at 9:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply