American Idol premiere to feature Philadelphia and Dallas auditions

by Jason Hughes, posted Jan 7th 2008 3:04PM

american idolJust to prove that no news is too small when it comes to their ratings juggernaut American Idol, FOX has announced that the two-night four-hour season premiere (EXTRAVAGANZA!) of Idol will feature the auditions from Philadelphia (Tuesday 1/15 8pm/7 Central) and Dallas (Wednesday 1/16 8pm/7 Central). That's it. They'll tell us later what nights to tune in for the auditions in San Diego, Omaha, Atlanta, Charleston and Miami.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as big an Idol geek as the next guy, assuming he's a big Idol geek, but, really? This is your Idol announcement? My favorite part is how they tease us about the other cities. We could tell you now which episodes are which cities but we won't. Maybe they'll tell us ... "after the break." Ryan? Anyone? If I don't know what night Omaha is airing right now, I'm going to boycott the whole season!

Marie

I love to see the auditions from better or worst and like to see them get groove. San Diego will be on Tuesday and Dallas is on Wednesday, that's about all I know for now...

January 14 2008 at 8:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marie

I just love to see the auditions from better to worst or get some groove going. I think it will be San Diego Tuesday night and Dallas Wednesday night, but I can't tell you about the auditions for sure good luck...

January 14 2008 at 8:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
idolooon

This is ridiculous. All the tv guides, titan tv, etc., show San Diego as the audition city!!! What tha? If this is their way of keeping us guessing, it's not good. Come on Idol producers....we want to watch the cities we are interested in watching!!! LIKE THE ONES WE LIVE IN!!! Don't make us guess! How is anyone supposed to throw an Idol party???? Planning 101 and accurate communication go along way for ratings. Please just set the schedule and move on....!?

January 08 2008 at 11:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kevin & Sandy Melroy

We love this crazy show! Kevin likes the beginning of the season where they show all the nut case auditions. I like the serious singing myself. Every year they seem to raise the age requirements. When they get to 40 something, I'm gonna audition! Being from Philly, it's cool that they're gonna start with our city, but I bet Omaha rocks too! When they announced the Phila auditions, it was the top story on the evening news for days! Can't wait for the 15th! (Maybe we should get out more often!)

January 07 2008 at 8:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

I have some AI news, there will be singing. I won't tell you how much, but there will at least be some singing.

January 07 2008 at 3:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jenny

Such teasers! Do you know that there's a karaoke system with all the old finalists and winners on it now?
Here's the link: www.techtogo.com