October 25, 2014

Stephen Colbert blows off the Venture Brothers

by Brad Trechak, posted Jan 7th 2008 7:05PM
Stephen ColbertAccording to PopCandy, there's some snark going on between Venture Brothers creator Jackson Publick and Stephen Colbert. Colbert, who also has this Comedy Central show you may have heard of, is the voice of the character "Professor Impossible" on the show (the character is a sadistic version of Marvel Comics' Mr. Fantastic).

Apparently, Colbert (or more likely one of Colbert's assistants) blew off Jackson Publick with a rather rude e-mail in which he "has neither the time nor the interest in participating in your project" (um, but he had time for the first two seasons, right?). Publick then shot back on his own blog, "Well, maybe I'm not interested in your ice cream, mister!"James Urbaniak, who voices Doctor Venture, even put Colbert on notice on his own blog. I found the picture most amusing.

Being a Venture Brothers fan, I'm saddened that Colbert has become such a big celebrity that he doesn't have the time to speak into a microphone for a day. I guess the role was too much of a stretch for him (get it? Ha! I kill me).

So who should be the new voice for Professor Impossible?

Brock Samson

I say string him up by his big ears and beat him with socks full of his Ice Cream.
Oh yeah Billy West would be great or the guy that did Zim.

January 16 2008 at 11:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Borat

Ah this is disappointing...does he have to get a big head about this? Just be respectful and say that you can't do it...

January 08 2008 at 8:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Zachary

This actually has happened before. They killed off his 2 characters on Harvey Birdman. I assume it was related to his new responsibilities on the Colbert Report, although the series ended a few episodes later.

January 07 2008 at 10:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff Edsell

Who should be the new voice for Professor Impossible?

Billy West.

January 07 2008 at 9:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Jeff Edsell's comment
Zachary

David Bowie!
no, wait, he turned them down also.

I second Jeff. Billy West is awesome.

January 07 2008 at 10:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bd

Ya know, if you actually check the Jackson Publick blog yourselves you won't have to rely on someone else posting the story and linking to them. This is from Christmas.

January 07 2008 at 8:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to bd's comment
Akbar Fazil

Well, Brad actually does know about publick's blog since he linked to it earlier with the post about the large cast photo. I would say quoting a second source is decent online journalism.

January 07 2008 at 8:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kenji Meadu

*his - whoops!

January 07 2008 at 7:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kenji Meadu

Lame. Doesn't he know who is constituency is?

January 07 2008 at 7:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply