July 24, 2014

Diane Keaton drops F-bomb on GMA - VIDEO

by Kristin Sample, posted Jan 16th 2008 8:11PM
Diane KeatonDiane Keaton totally dropped the F-Bomb on Good Morning America! And they didn't even bleep it.

Keaton was being interviewed by Diane Sawyer, presumably about her new movie Mad Money. Sawyer is about to pose a question when Diane Keaton stops and compliments her on her lips (which are quite nice, I must say). Keaton laments that she doesn't have such nice lips cause if she did, she wouldn't have to work so damn hard on her "f*cking personality."

This is why I "heart" Diane Keaton. Of the two Dianes, clearly Keaton has the personality. She doesn't have to work on it.

The video is after the jump...

Here's the video:

chefbex

Diane' yoy are far more sexy than Sawyer!

January 25 2008 at 3:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chefbex

Dear Diane,
You are so wrong about your sex? appeal. I have followed your movies from the get-go and I am in love with your characters. You are the kind of person that I wish was my friend! You are the real deal in "real" life and I know that you are a grounded person.
Sexy to me (and millions of others) is not the perfect Miss America types.
Sexy is Cher before she got the nose job and teeth fixed. Sexy is Bette Midler. Sexy is Barbara Striesand etc.
You've got it girl! Don't forget it. You have that elusive quality X. It's God's gift that that you can't buy for a million bucks.
I know that you were in Shreveport filming recently and you went to Cush's Grocery. My brother is the chef there. He said that you were extremely nice. All of the celebs go there on the way back to Southern Trace where you all live whilst filming.
I am also a chef and I cook at the best restaurant in town! The owner is a young French-trained chef. The restaurant is Bistro6301 on Line Avenue. I am not kidding you when I say the food is truly world-class!
I am from Shreveport but I spent 23 years in New Zealand. I went there on a working holiday as a singer-musician on a hotel circuit and fell in love with the country.
The music muse left me and the food muse got on board. I learned my craft in NZ and especially about fish with all of the fresh seafood markets there.
I came back to Shreveport because I'm getting older and my mom is 89 and I got homesick and wanted to be aroud my family.
Please.....the next time you come to Shreveport let me and my team feed you and look after you.

Sincerely,

Rebecca Bush

Sexy to me is Cher

January 25 2008 at 2:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

Let's see. Soaps have been saying BITCH for years now. Hell and damn have been used in more ways than description. I agree with Mark. The F word is not that big a deal. Unfortunate slippage, though. Some of the violence allowed on prime time has me watching as much reality TV as I possibly can.

January 18 2008 at 7:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kevjohn

Oh well, at least she kept her nipples covered.

January 17 2008 at 2:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

"Oh no someone said f--k on TV! The sky is gonna fall now!"-- quotes from PTC member who watch GMA. Expect mass censorship and a "curse dome" shot on the ready like they had at the Emmys.

January 17 2008 at 2:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent McKee

This is presumably covered by the Second Circuit's decision on "fleeting obscenities" but you can bet there'll be a hue and cry from groups like the Parents Television Council.

I'm a Canadian. Up here writers can write scripts for TV in which adults actually say words like that and no one even thinks it`s worth protesting about. And if this strike goes on longer maybe the Canadian TV networks will actually start producing more of their own shows. (But probably not.)

January 17 2008 at 3:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nicki

It baffles me that Diane Sawyer's main objection was that the other Diane was cursing in the morning.

January 16 2008 at 11:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sitruc

What worries me about things like this is, why is somebody recording Good Morning America?

January 16 2008 at 11:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lucyfan62

As soon as I saw the video yesterday, I knew what was about to come...and now those yahoos from the American Family Association are urging their members to file complaints with the FCC for ABC "allowing" Diane Keaton to use the F-word. Like they went to her and specifically said, "Why yes, Diane, please feel free to say f*** if you'd like." Now we're going to go back to the days of extreme censorship after the Janet Jackson incident. It slipped, it's live TV, what can you do? People do talk like that and sometimes they forget where they are. It's not like it was a scripted show that the censors let pass. The AFA really needs to focus on more important things in this world than if someone slips and says a word they don't like on live TV!

January 16 2008 at 10:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Emily

So, you are impressed by a woman who can't keep her mouth under control and uses obscenities in polite conversation with people she doesn't even know while completely aware the conversation is being recorded?

Trashy is how those folks are described where I'm from.

January 16 2008 at 9:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Emily's comment
Jasper Ingram

Where you're from sucks.

January 16 2008 at 11:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark

America - the land where you can see footage on TV of someone being completely f***ed over (ie, tortured, shot, raped, you name it) in a show like 24, but the moment someone says the word on TV, that's it, apocalypse is around the corner.

A "24" fan... ;)