December 21, 2014

Milch back to work at HBO

by Paul Goebel, posted Jan 19th 2008 11:02AM

David MilchFirst it was Deadwood, then it was John From Cincinnati. Now, it seems, David Milch has decided to get back to his cop roots with Last of the Ninth.

Last of the Ninth is a cop drama that focuses on the rampant corruption of the NYPD in the 1970's

This is Milch's third pilot in three years, although most fans have erased John From Cincinnati from their memories long ago.

Considering the success, Milch has had with other cop shows like Hill Street Blues, NYPD Blue and law & order themed Deadwood, this new show already has a good chance of becoming a hit.

Milch developed the show along with former police detective Bill Clark. The two previously worked together on NYPD Blue.

Libby

JFC was just too freaking weird! I watched it every week -- like an accident scene you just can't turn away from! I never understood what the heck was going on... Anyway -- I'm still pissed about Deadwood. To cancel it without so much as a sorry it's been fun??? What a crappy thing to do to it's many, many fans who were left swinging in the breeze!! Closure -- I need closure!!!

February 28 2008 at 2:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lc312

i already saw Cerpico. finish Deadwood and JFC. i want my JFC!!!!!!!

January 22 2008 at 7:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Farleyfarls

John From Cincinnati was given up on way to soon. Id love to see them put that back on the air, thats all we need is another corrupt cop story on the air.

January 21 2008 at 9:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jake

Deadwood or bust. I will not be watching anything else on HBO until then.

If the series is good I'll RENT the dvds.

January 19 2008 at 3:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
paintist

Sounds like it might also debut the same time as the US version of Life on Mars.. that could be weird.

January 19 2008 at 2:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

I'm looking forward to his cop show. Hopefully he'll ditch the over-the-top hyperliterate dialogue and focus on really good story telling. I don't know if I can watch a show where a high-school educated cop low on the totem pole is more well spoken than a college English professor!

I don't know, Butchie instead....

January 19 2008 at 12:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply