April 24, 2014

Omarosa wanted a showmance

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 21st 2008 3:46PM

Piers MorganI'm not watching Celebrity Apprentice. I watched the first season of the show, and I actually liked the Martha Stewart version of the show, but there's no way I'm going to sit in front of my TV for weeks and watch Marilu Henner battle Stephen Baldwin.

And I also question the "celebirty" status of some of these people. Case in point, Omarosa. She's only famous for being on, well, The Apprentice, so I think that sort of makes the whole premise of the show bogus. Fellow castmate Piers Morgan, who is also a judge on America's Got Talent, tells The New York Post that Omarosa actually approached him when the show started and asked him if he wanted to have a "showmance." Morgan had no idea what the hell she was talking about, but she explained that it's a romance between two people on a reality show. Morgan just told her she was "pathetic" and "deluded."

I'm so glad this didn't happen, or we'd have to add "showmance" to our lexicon, which is just as much an annoying word as "blog." We'd also have to add "rolliance" (a romance/alliance on a reality show) and "platosticle," which is...um...a platonic relationship that involves testicles. Or something. I'm not quite sure, lost my train of thought there for a second.

And what would their new name be? We've had Brangelina and Vaughniston, so now we'd have to come up with something like Omamorgan or Peirosa to describe these two. The former sounds like a new cholesterol medicine, while the latter sounds like a planet from Star Trek. A magical, Utopian planet where reality shows are outlawed.

David

The New Apprentice sounded bogus from the start. First of all, these people couldn't get on the Surreal Life, so their on this show. How can there be any tension at all when these people are trained to "act." Arguements between players is idiotic at best when they're all playing for charities, since they're all on a salary anyway. They couldn't care less. At least the other show had people that were fighting for a top spot in a high paying job for the Donald, these jokers are all ego's getting hurt, not that they really care, except about themselves. Omorosa is an ambulance chaser in reality shows, she can't get an acting job on anything else, most people won't put up with her b#$%^. Reality shows have hit rock bottom now when they have Snopp-Dog in a fake house with a fake family and try and make a show out of taking the dog to the vet.
I know, I work on reality shows.

January 22 2008 at 10:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ThewayIseeit

Omarosa looks as though the titty fairy has paid a visit. What a waste of money on such an ugly acting person. She just has to open that trap one more time and I wish the champ would just accidentally give her a right upper cut.

January 22 2008 at 8:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Questioningly

GREAT POINT TIA!!!!! The ONLY way I could watch Omarosa is if she were on such a show (Lesbian Bitch-Slap Rodeo).........you should get an award for comment of the year!!!!!!

January 22 2008 at 7:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Big Eye

Piers Morgan was a creep on America' Got Talent and he is more of a creep on Celebrity Appentice He shouldnt be on that show He is worst than Simon Cowell if thats possible

January 22 2008 at 7:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nancy

I am like so many others, the only reason I watched it was for Gene Simmons. They can take Omarosa and let something else fall on her head.

January 22 2008 at 7:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Blanche

Who's Piers Morgan, and who really cares. He is a pompous Simon Cowell wannabe.

January 22 2008 at 7:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rise2it

it's for charity you a-hole....you have a problem with charities?

January 22 2008 at 6:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rise2it

hey lisa...your AN IDIOT gene is 100x smarter than your are...dumb broad

January 22 2008 at 6:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Annie

I watched all the privious Apprentices but refuse to watch this one. Why? Omarosa, that's why. If I see her name on ANYTHING I won't buy it or watch it. She's a skank of the highest order just looking to keep her face on TV. She's a pathetic loser and never will amount to anything.

January 22 2008 at 6:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa

All these accolades to Gene Simmons strike me as so funny. If you enjoy watching someone with a full blown personality disorder, then absolutely, Simmons is your guy. It is comical to see that some have bought into his delusion that he is intelligent and that everything that comes from his mouth are words of incredible wisdom. His face as he said the slogan "Welcome. It's a Kodak world. Welcome" was precious. He is indeed well suited for the corporate world where people with over inflated ego's love to hear themselves talk, while beneath them the "workers" actually get a job done.

I think his schtick is very comical, but the fact that some are buying his self proclaimed high IQ is sad, sad, sad! I fail to see why those who love Simmons do not also love Omarosa, as she is just a female version of the same personality type. Annoying, narcisstic and borderline delusional. Simmons owes his career to whoever came up with the idea of the grotesque makeup. I've always believed that the makeup was used in the beginning to hide behind. Would K*I*S*S have made even one hit record without the gimmic? Probably not.

I'm not hating on Simmons or his fans. I'm just hoping that people recognize his real talent, which is an ability to sell his overblown self promotion to the public. He states that he is genius level smart, sexy and a gift to the world Sure enough, people parrot it back. It was pure pleasure to watch Trump have to kick him off the show because Simmons had just made one of the dumbest business decisions ever. I am sure that Trump wanted Simmons around for a few more weeks for the ratings and he did everything but tell him who to bring back to the boardroom, yet Simmons ego would not allow him to make the right move. At that point, I would have bet the farm that Simmons would put out the idea that he "wanted" to be kicked off. No way. Even though for the viewing public this is just entertainment, people like Omarosa, Donald Trump and Gene Simmons actually believe their own publicity and think that they are somehow gifted. In "reality," they are nothing more than big mouths who had more than their fair share of luck. Who here thinks that if they were given the opportunities that these 3 have received, that they would not be able to accomplish what this talent challenged trio have?

Having said all of that, oh, how I do love to watch them. I don't think there is anything real about the show or its premise. But as a comedy? You can't beat it!

January 22 2008 at 6:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply