July 30, 2014

The strike might be ending soon!

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 2nd 2008 9:57PM

StrikersI guess those informal talks that the WGA and studios had last week paid off: we might have an end to the writers strike as early as next week.

The New York Times is reporting that sources (who want to remain anonymous, for obvious reasons) say that one of the main deals that the WGA was looking for - compensation for work that appears on the web - may be close to becoming a reality. No exact details are available yet, but the sources say that the deal could be finalized next week. Maybe this will deal will be in place in time for the Oscars later this month. The strike has been going on for almost four months now.

I just wonder how this affects this season. Is there still time to save this season or will we have to wait until the fall for new episodes?

Oscars 2014 Photos: Stars Celebrate at the After-Parties

Getty The real party doesn't start until after the Oscars end. Once all of the winners were announced and the...

source: Moviefone Blog
Bill Murray Photobombs Selena Gomez at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party (PHOTO)

Getty Wait... did Bill Murray just photobomb Selena Gomez? First, take some time to digest the fact that the...

source: Moviefone Blog
Oscars 2014: Best Supporting Actress Goes to Lupita Nyong'o

The Oscars 2014 Best Supporting Actress race is one of the hottest contested awards at this year's Academy...

source: Moviefone Blog

Edd

It' served it's purpose now that they've announced an Arrested Development movie! wOO!

February 03 2008 at 8:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Edd's comment
Oreo

Why are poeple acting like that is new news? That info has been around since well before Christmas.

February 03 2008 at 10:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Viv

I just need my weekly dose of 24 & Life. That's all i am asking for. End the strike please already!!!!

February 03 2008 at 8:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jaymez

Whoa. I had no idea the strike was still on. I haven't seen a repeat in months. I'm not kidding. This has been the most unnoticeable strike ever!

February 03 2008 at 1:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
3 replies to Jaymez's comment
Jeff N.

This is good news. I hope the strike ends soon.

February 03 2008 at 12:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KIrsch

we support u guys but please end the strike we want u guys back with ur writing briliance im so proud that the entire community had total unwavering support and never once did we curse the writers for ending our show im thank tho community for standing strong and i thank the writers for doing what u believe in pencil fi everyone

February 03 2008 at 12:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to KIrsch's comment
Brent McKee

I want them back too, but here's the big thing - I want them back with a good deal. If it's not a good deal they should reject it.

February 04 2008 at 1:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KIrsch

Sweet Caroline im as happy as a sox fan in 2004

February 03 2008 at 12:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Blair M

Give me more Lost. That's all I ask.

February 02 2008 at 10:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Darren

Please please please please please - end this strike - Thanks for the update

February 02 2008 at 10:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bsgfan2003

I'm wondering if we lose our chance to get the pilot of Caprica if the strike ends soon. (But, I sympathize with the finacial plight of the writers.)

Also, what could this mean for a show like Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles.

February 02 2008 at 10:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

We might be able to get a few more episodes, but i doubt we will get a full season.

I was hoping it would last longer so this year's shows will have to be given a second season because they have nothing else.

And we have had false alarms before so we shall see.

February 02 2008 at 10:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply