December 19, 2014

Amp: "Jumpstart"

by Richard Keller, posted Feb 3rd 2008 11:12PM

Here's what I didn't notice about this commercial until I saw it again on my DVR -- there's a little notice at the bottom of the screen that says 'Warning: Do Not Attempt". What are we talking about here? Are they telling us not to place jumper cables on our nipples (because, if that's the case, then they're too late) or are they telling us not to dance to Salt n' Pepa's Push It? I think we need some confirmation here.

Either way, this was one of the funnier commercials during this year's Super Bowl. I mean, how can you go wrong with a overweight guy who gets down to a popular 80's dance tune. It just proves that sometimes you need to go for the crass rather than for the smart to get your message across.

Cody

"That's Donkeylips! ...And those are Donkeylips's nipples."

-Me when this commercial aired.

February 04 2008 at 3:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TheH2s

That's the first thing I said to my wife last night when we saw that commercial..."That's Donkeylips!". She asked who that was since she didn't have cable when we were younger so I had to explain it to her.

We need a Salute Your Shorts reunion.

February 04 2008 at 7:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kurifurisan

"Camp Anawanna, we hold you in our hearts...." Loved that show when I was growing up. Where's my Salute Your Shorts dvds? And the last season of Pete and Pete!

February 04 2008 at 5:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andrew

Anyone recognize that this was Donkeylips from Salute Your Shorts?

February 03 2008 at 11:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Andrew's comment
meg

I have been trying to figure out who he was since I first saw the commercial.. I could hear his slurred speach and everything..
Thank you for helping me out!

March 12 2008 at 11:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
orimental

When I saw this commercial, the man seemed familiar. It was then that I recognized him. Donkey Lips!

February 03 2008 at 11:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply