November 28, 2014

Arrested Development movie rumors

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Feb 3rd 2008 4:30PM
Arrested Development
Talks of a potential movie featuring the dysfunctional Bluth family first started even before the show's finale aired. However, nothing really officially had been done about it until recently. This past week, rumors of an Arrested Development feature movie have resumed but, this time, it is the cast talking!

Kristin Dos Santos from E! Online confirms that the cast members were asked by the show's producers if they would be willing to star in the motion picture. AD's leading man, Jason Bateman, confirmed to the gossip columnist that preliminary talks had begun. Elsewhere, Jeffrey Tambor admitted on the Ron and Fez Show on XM Radio that he was approached by Ron Howard to see if he was willing to reprise his role(s).

Dos Santos' sources also revealed that no script has been written yet but that creator Mitch Hurwitz has a good idea of what he wants the movie to be like. Supposedly, Universal is interested in the feature and all cast members seem to have agreed to reprise their roles.

Being a huge fan of Arrested Development, I sure hope this movie happens. This one-of-a-kind comedy not only featured an amazing cast but also was cleverly written and contained tons of easter eggs. I hope the movie includes and/or mentions the Alliance of Magicians, Charlie Brown, Dr. Fünke's 100% Natural Good-Time Family-Band Solution, Steve Holt, "no touching," never nudes, Hot Cops, etc.

Rest assured that TV Squad will keep you updated on the movie's development and, if/when it starts shooting, spoilers.

Do you think making an Arrested Development movie is a good idea?
Totally!1377 (95.3%)
Yep.45 (3.1%)
Don't no.7 (0.5%)
No!16 (1.1%)

sitruc

Don't no...

February 04 2008 at 1:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jds65

I think you could write a movie that was solely references:
"Her?" "egg" "taste the happy" ....

February 04 2008 at 5:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jesse Custer

There's gotta be a better way to say that.

February 03 2008 at 9:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott

I think I just blue myself.

February 03 2008 at 7:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Edd

YES YES YES YES YES YES!

Good old Hurwitz. He's a pro. I'm shouting for joy here.

Taste the happy Michael!

February 03 2008 at 5:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Edd's comment
mikayla

Taste a lot like sad...

February 03 2008 at 6:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oreo

Once again, this news is old. The creator or writer said they were going to start writing the scrip as soon as the strike is over. This was 1-2 months ago.

February 03 2008 at 5:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mikayla

Yea! Speech, speech, speech!

I want a cornball to celabrate...

February 03 2008 at 4:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to mikayla's comment
RSL

Everybody's laughing and riding and cornholing except me.

February 03 2008 at 7:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jake

Sounds like the Bluths have gone from a triple sell to a don't buy to a Risky!!! Booyah!!

February 03 2008 at 4:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mikayla

Best news I've heard in awhile. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

February 03 2008 at 4:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to mikayla's comment
Mac

How can we write to Ron Howard and the cast to encourage them to get this off the ground before anything happens to the cast members? I can't wait to see Liza reprise 'Lucille 2'. Please, this movie needs to be made real quick- before she has to have hip replacement again! Can we start an email/letterwriting campaign here folks??

March 01 2008 at 11:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply