September 1, 2014

Diet Pepsi Max: "Roxbury/What Is Love?"

by Jason Hughes, posted Feb 3rd 2008 6:47PM
The best of the night so far. It starts off innocently enough with Troy Aikmen commenting on the action in the first quarter when Joe nods off and bangs his head on his mic. Queue music ("What is Love?") and we then get a montage of people across all industries nodding off at their jobs, at dinner, at awards shows, on game shows. I'm pretty sure that's Missy Elliott, Busta Rhymes, LL Cool J and Macy Gray nodding off while they were up for "Song of the Year." This keeps up until Diet Pepsi Max comes along on a mail cart and everyone starts doing "The Roxbury," or the head bopping made famous by Chris Kattan and Will Ferrell in the recurring SNL skits. The bit ends with Troy staring at Joe as Joe bops along. But the best part is after the blurbs about Diet Pepsi Max and the slogans, we get a quick shot of Chris Kattan shopping, yelling "Stop it!" to two girls doing the head bop.

_aLL3y3zPonM3_

haha..Love this ad..One of my fav ads right now and since i'm in advertising, that says something..

February 26 2008 at 2:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sitruc

I thought this ad was a few years too late.

February 04 2008 at 2:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Spaz

After this ad aired I got a bunch of calls from friends of mine because they knew I was obsessed with that song, crazy over those snl sketches and movie. All I can say is that is now my drink of choice.

February 03 2008 at 11:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tozmervo

As far as I'm concerned, the point of this Superbowl was to see Justin Timberlake get hit in the nuts.

Thank you, Pepsi.

February 03 2008 at 8:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michelle

My fav so far as well... and as a Cowboys fan, I never get tired of watching Troy Aikman! Also liked the Pepsi commercial with Justin Timberlake being yanked around as a girl drank Pepsi thru a straw. Great touch having one of the cars driven in the commercial driven by Tony Romo, with 3 other Cowboys in the car.

February 03 2008 at 8:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply